Chapter Fourteen: The Best thing

What makes you so beautiful,

Is you don’t know how beautiful you are,

To me.

We finished the song and high-fived.

“I am so excited!” I exclaim and Justin hugs me, pulling out his phone and taking another picture of us, but this time, he does not upload the photo to twitter.

I signed the contract this morning, and we were flying out to LA this evening to go on some interviews where Justin would announce that he had signed me. However, it was all a secret. Moreover, I wasn’t allowed to tell a soul. I was required to change my twitter name to ‘LennoxOfficial’ because that is who I was, Lennox. We thought it was simple, and perfect. But it  caused loads of questions, had I changed it to sound like Niall? Was it because I was famous? Or was it just because I was spoilt and wanted to make it look like I was famous?

Whore

Go die

First Niall and then Justin? #Whore

The hate tweets were more than the love ones, and that was saying something, it wasn’t usually like that. We recorded a cover of Leona Lewis’ ‘Bleeding Love’ and then we were done and Justin drove me back to my flat, it was 5 now, and our flight was at 7.

“Hey babe.” I answered the phone when I saw that Zayn was calling me. I was currently choosing some clothes to pack, it was hard work.

“Hey Lennox. Doing anything right now? I just wanted to talk.” He replies, sounding serious again.

“I’m busy right now Zayn.” I groan, “I can talk right now, but I’m a bit distracted.”

“What are you doing?” Zayn asks me. What do I say?

“Laundry.” I reply, grabbing more clothes from my wardrobe. “What do you want to talk about?”

“You and Justin Bieber. What’s going on? Niall’s worried. He hasn’t been able to call you all day, and Justin’s been tweeting about you. He’s worried. Plus Justin and Selena apparently broke up. I just want to make sure you’re not doing anything stupid.”

“Zayn, I’m not going to cheat on Niall!” I scream down the phone, throwing a dress into my suitcase.

“Then explain why you and Justin are suddenly best friends!” He shouts back. I close my eyes.

“You can’t tell anyone.” I warn him and when he stays silent, I continue, “Justin flew over here because... he’s signing me. I’m going to become a singer.”

“But... you dance.”

“I sing too.” I reply, “I sang four lines for him and he flew over here, we had dinner to talk about everything, he slept over because we were writing songs, I was out early because I was recording and signing contracts. And I’m currently packing because I’m going to announce my single.”

“That’s fast.” Zayn sighs, “Is that why you changed your Twitter name?”

“Yes. But Zayn... you can’t tell the boys, just not until I’ve done my first interview. Plus, I wanted to be the one to tell Niall.” I hear ringing on my MacBook and open it up to see a video request from Niall and I immediately click answer, whilst still on the phone to Zayn.

“Lenn!” Niall exclaims. “I’ve been trying to reach you all day!”

“Sorry...”

“Tell him you’ve been rehearsing dance.” I hear Zayn tell me, “Trust me.”