Chapter Fifty-Seven: One and Only

“LENNOX WHAT ARE YOU DOING BACK IN THE UK?”

“LENNOX IS IT TRUE YOU ARE PREGNANT WITH NIALL’S BABY?”

“WHERE IS ROB?!”

“IS YOUR MARRIAGE OVER?”

“SHE’S NOT WEARING A WEDDING RING!”

Questions and statements are screamed at me, whilst I lack security and flashes seem to blind me from moving.

“Move out of the way!” Liam shouts, pushing his way through and wrapping his arm around my shoulder, my head resting on his chest, and we walk like this out of the airport, where fans are there to greet us.

LENNOX I LOVE YOU!”

“ARE YOU DATING LIAM?”

“WHAT HAPPENED WITH ROB?”

The fans are still screaming and clamouring around the car, Harry in the driver’s seat, and he motions with his hands for them to get out of the way.

“Told you we should’ve brought Paul with us!” Louis shouts his comment to Harry, sat in the front beside Harry.

“I thought it would draw less attention to us!” Harry defends his actions, and beeps his horn, causing some people to move out of the way, and he travels a few metres.

“So, what’s the plan?” Harry asks, turning behind us, smiling cheekily at me.

“Wait until they get bored and leave us alone? Or run them over...”I suggest.

“No, not that. I mean, Niall has no idea...”

“Surely it’s all over Twitter by now?” I ask, and Dani nods.

“Niall hasn’t really done much since the wedding. Paul watched him until we got home, and he’s been staying with Zayn for the past week when we realised he was doing nothing.”

“But she’s not hiding in his bedroom again.” Liam says, and memories of Niall kissing Molly come flooding back, have I even made the right choice? He cheated. Rob would never cheat.

“Stop it.” Dani warns me. “Stop thinking about the cheating. He will never do that again.”

“I can’t control my natural thoughts, Dani.” I retort sarcastically.

“I can’t wait until Niall sees you.” Louis adds, shouting towards the back so that we can all hear. “Can we all be there this time?”

“Sure.” I mumble. I’m still not sure how he’ll react to seeing me. I got married, surely that changes things between us.

“So, what exactly happened between you and Rob?” Louis asks now, turning his head to watch me, and after Harry has finished beeping his horn for longer than usual, the fans finally understanding we want to leave and move out of the way, I begin explaining everything. From my nerves before the wedding, my recorded message, the wedding, what went through my mind, the perfect honeymoon and finally when we returned home. And Rob’s calm, yet strange, reaction.

“That doesn’t add up.” Harry tells us. “If it was me... and I found out my new wife tried to leave me at the altar, I’d want revenge.”

“What would you do?” I ask him, and Harry shrugs.

“I’d show the video.” Liam tells me. “If it was me... And she was keeping quiet, just like Niall did with your break up, I’d show the video.”

“Oh shit.” I mumble, leaning my head on Dani’s shoulder.

Now I know exactly how everything must’ve felt for Niall, every single worry about people finding out, and the loss of losing someone close to you. But, for me, there was only one good outcome, Niall, Niall and I could finally be together, if he wants to.