Chapter Eighteen: Just Freaking Perfect

“I’m thinking you should probably lie low with your boyfriend right now.” Emma tells me as we grab a coffee in a small coffee shop.

“Why?” I demand, sitting down at a table in the corner of the shop as Emma sits opposite me.

“I’ve been reading through old articles about you... and some new ones. People like the music, but they’re not entirely sure about your relationship with Niall.”

“So, surely I should show them that me and Niall are together for real. Not because I want some sort of fake relationship to boost my career?” I question her and Emma shrugs, taking another sip of her coffee.

“But that is what they would expect you to show them if it was a fake relationship for the fame.” Emma retaliates.

“So, basically, I can never win.” I mutter, checking my phone, where I had some text messages.

From: Beautiful Mama

What’s this I hear about you singing with Justin Bieber? Ring me

From: Holy Crap! Mrs Tomlinson<3

Just saw the Ellen interview! We must catch up when you're in the UK again! Proud of you! Xx

I scrolled through messages from people who I hadn’t spoken to for ages, all congratulating me on my singing contract. Were they only texting me because I had some fame now?

“Are you listening to me?” I look back up to Emma who is watching me with her hawk eye.

“Sorry. I got distracted.” I tell her.

From: TomTheWanted!

Hey Lennox! I heard about the singing! We’re all in LA too! Fancy going out for a drink with me, Nath and Max?

To: TomTheWanted!

Sure! I’ll text ya later for the details!

From: TomTheWanted!

Great ;)

I bit my lip and looked back up to Emma.

“Am I allowed to go out with some friends tonight?” I ask her.

“One Direction?” She asks, quirking her eyebrow at me.

“Nope.” I tell her with a grin. “Tom from the Wanted asked if I wanted to go out with him, Nathan and Max.”

“The Wanted?” She questions.

“I’ve been friends with Nathan since we were little.” I inform her. “Please don’t tell me I can’t go.” I beg. Emma purses her lips and then nods.

“If you must go, go.” She tells me, brushing some of her brown hair from her face.

@MaxTheWanted: Tonight’s gonna get messy! @LennoxOfficial is joining us for a drink! Crazy times!

I laughed and retweeted it before finishing off the rest of my coffee.

From: My Cute Irish Gentleman xxxxx

Afternoon beautiful! X

I smiled as the text came through on my phone.

To: My Cute Irish Gentleman xxxxx

Afternoon handsome! Are you okay with me going out for a drink with some of the boys from The Wanted tonight? X

I bit the inside of my cheek, would he be okay? Last time I went for a drink with them, Niall knows about it. I ended up snogging Tom.