Chapter Fifty: Dress

“So we’re going to try wedding dresses on today.” I tell the camera that was placed next to me as I drove down the roads of Los Angeles. “I think... this is the most exciting thing I’ve been looking forward too. And I’m not really sure what I want, I guess I’ll just have to see.”

“Typical Lennox.” Dani mutters loud enough that I can hear, and Kendall laughs next to her.

“What?” I question, trying to focus on Dani, and immediately El screams.

“Eyes on the road!” I roll my eyes, turning back in my seat and slowing as cars queue up at the red lights. “She means that you never decide to something straight away.”

“I do too!” I shout back.

“Really? Name one time when you have said decided to something and not changed your mind later on.”

My first instinct was when Niall asked me to be his girlfriend, the instant-ness of it was insane, but I knew I wanted to be with him, no matter what.

“When Rob asked me to marry him.” I reply instead, my heart hurting that I keep lying like this. But what am I supposed to do? I can’t do anything anymore.

“You’re so cute Lenn.” Dani coos.

I smile back at her, and El is the only one with a frown on her face.

“You and Rob are adorable.”

“His jaw is going to drop open when he sees your dress on the wedding day.” Kendall says. “You are going to look gorgeous.”

“I’m happy someone has confidence in me.” I tell Kendall. We had this special bond straight away, spending most of our time together, perhaps it was because there’s a small age gap between us, or maybe she just has that personality trait within her that allowed her to become best friends with absolutely everyone.

I take the turning down to the shop that I had only seen in passing, and then Kris had decided to tell me that it was the perfect place to get my dress, as well as the bridesmaids’ dresses as well.

I park the car, the guy, Marcus, holding the camera on his shoulder and following us to the fancy shop.

“I’m really glad you both flew out here.” I grab El and Dani’s hands squeezing them to show just how much I appreciate it.

“Well you couldn’t do it without us.” El tells me. “We’re irreplaceable.”

“That is true.” I joke back, smiling broadly with my two best friends.

The moment that going dress shopping was mentioned to Liam and Dani over FaceTime over a week ago, Dani had planned the flights and hotels to stay in, rang up El, and in four days they were in LA, ready to help me dress shop with Kendall.

“Lennox! We’ve been expecting you!” A shop assistant greets us immediately, offering us all champagne off a tray, and I glare at Kendall when she tries to take a glass, and immediately lowers her hand.

“Could get used to this.” El muses, sipping some of her champagne and looking around the lavishly white shop. We’re guided to some plush sofas, mirrors and a pedestal, where obviously I would be standing when I try on my dresses.
After one of the shop girls ties my hair up and puts a tiara in my hair, to make me feel like an actual bride, El, Dani and Kendall look through dresses on the racks, as I scour through magazines. Finally, my eyes land on a dress, the dress seemed... almost as if it were not made of silk like every other dress you saw, but the fabric more... rough through your fingers. There was lace travelling over my neck and down my front, and a sache delicately placed down my back, clearly to add to the design.