Chapter Forty-Seven: Engagement

COMMENT AT THE BOTTOM IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT THE SEQUEL IS GOING TO BE CALLED! ;D

I sat in my car, taking out my phone and dialling voicemail yet again.

“Hey Lennox, it’s Rob. I guess you already know why I’m calling... Umm, can you meet me at mom and Bruce’s house please? We need to talk.”

Of course, we were going to break up. I kissed my ex-boyfriend, or, he kissed me. But he kissed me because I told him I missed him. Why did I do that? Yes, I love Niall, but what’s to stop him from cheating on me again? Rob, Rob would never hurt me, I feel as if I can trust him with anything, he’ll always be there to catch me. And I’ve thrown it away, for Niall, the boy who I doubt I will ever be able to fully trust again.

I gave my heart to Niall before. I gave it away and served it on a platter, I showed my vulnerability, I felt naked and bare in front of him telling him absolutely everything, showing him the extent of my feelings, but things like that just never seem to work out. I loved him too much, he got used to my love, and he threw it away.

Obviously Rob must have seen the picture of me kissing Niall. Or, Niall kissing me. There had been texts off pretty much everyone I knew asking why I had kissed Niall, and I had ignored every single one of them, even my dozens of texts off Dani. Rob would express his disappointment about my infidelity, would he give me a second chance?

If he did, would I even want to take it?

I clicked on next for my voicemail, listening to my next one.

“Hey Lennox, it’s Niall.” There was a sigh and then I could hear his steady breathing, “I’m not really sure why I kissed you last night, well I do know why. I’m... I’m sorry. But, I love you, and I’m sort of drunk right now. I just... I love you, why can’t things ever be as simple as that?” there was another pause, and I bit my lip waiting for what he was going to say. “Well, if you ever wanted to give it another chance Lennox, I’ll always be here.”

Why? Why did Niall make these butterflies flow through my stomach, and make my heart ache every time I think about not being with him?

But Rob... there was something about Rob that made me feel safe and alive.

I love them both.

But I already knew I loved them both.

My brain buzzing with who I want to be with, just like my phone was buzzing, Dani ringing me yet again.

Rob or Niall? Niall or Rob?

I open the car door, the echo feeling that it could last forever as the door shuts. I grab my handbag and walk slowly towards the door, and I can see that the cameramen have already begun to film me. I look at the door, and I see that it’s left ajar, but I stay put and the cameraman sends me a questioning look.

“I’m not sure if I can go in there just yet.” I tell him, sitting down on the porch and resting my head in my hands. “What if we’re over?”

I pull out of phone, smiling at my screensaver of Dani and I, and instantly type out her phone number that I had memorised long ago.

“Lennox?” Dani questions immediately as I ring her. “What happened? With you and Niall? I’ve tried to contact you all morning! What are you going to do? What’s Rob said?”

“Dani, I’m outside the house...” I tell her, interrupting her next question. I hold back my sobs, trying to make my voice sound as calm as possible, biting my lip as my eyes well up. “I don’t know if I want to lose him.”

“If you want to lose him?” Dani repeats. I stay silent. “Lennie... you’re going to have to decide...”

“I can’t.” I tell her. “I’ve lost Rob now anyway. I just... I don’t know if I can go in there when I know what’s going to happen.”