Prologue

||Please Note: I am currently editing Dance With Me and it might be a bit disjointed when you read it because I haven't yet got through the entire book||

Dancing meant everything to me, to have my every move matched that of a song, every beat, every sway. It gave me a thrill, it was my drug.

It was first when I began to watch tv, mainly music channels, I would watch the backing dancers, they never had much attention, all eyes were on the singers, but they continued, trying as hard as they could to be absolutely perfect. 

When I was 5 I signed up for ballet and tap. Then a year later I was signed up for jazz. Over the years I tried every different sort of dancing, ballroom, modern, any class I could get to. I was offered a place at the London performing Arts programme, when I was 15, and my name was getting well-known among producers and artists. I was the one to watch. 

But I met my best friend at my very first ballet lesson, and we've been inseparable ever since.

"Mum I'm not so sure anymore." I admit, watching the girls who looked 1 or 2 years older than me, and I wasn't the greatest at making friends. "I'm not sure I want to do this anymore."

"Lennox, you'll be fine." my mum said quickly, shoving me slightly, tired of my nervousness that she had to deal with the whole drive to the dance school. I walk down the steps onto the stage. I was wearing a pink tutu and tights, my fringe had been gelled back and pinned back and my hair was in a tight bun. I looked around at unfamiliar faces who smiled and laughed with each other, how was I supposed to make friends with older girls? There was only one other girl who was by herself, her hair was like a mane of dark brown hair that curled and stuck out at different ends, all wound together in one tight hair band. She was taller than me, and looked like a proper dancer as she stretched on the bar near me. 

I watched as she continued to stretch and she saw me, but instead of scowling or staring back, she stopped, smiled, two front teeth missing and walked over to me. 

"Hi I'm Danielle Peazer." 

"Lennox Byrnes." I reply as she hugs me, a huge smile on her face. 

"Can we be friends?" she asks, as she goes into her ballet bag, that was next to mine, and pulls out a twix, "I'll share half of my twix with you?" 

It was a friendship. My best one. Danielle and I spent every Saturday together, two hours of ballet and tap with Miss Helen, our teacher, and then we got a snack from the snack bar and walked into town, with our parents. But as we got older we realised we would stay that way forever, we lived for dancing, we signed up for every class together, went to London together. But it wasn't just the dancing, she was there for me when my parents told me they were getting divorced, and I'd help her bury her hamster when it died. It was always that way, Lennox and Danielle, I'd do anything for her.