Chapter Forty-Nine: Questions, Questions!

The party was pumping, the bass low as people dance around our living room, and I swerve around, making my way to the kitchen, where there were casual conversations being held around the breakfast bar.

“Lennox!” I turn at my name, smiling at the sight of Leon, who seemed equally as happy to see me. Behind him stood a taller guy, his arms folded around his chest, and seemed out of place at the party.

“Lennox, I’d like you to meet Adrian.” He introduces. “I assumed plus one’s were allowed.” He mutters, leaning closer to my ear.

“Leon’s told me a lot about you.” Adrian introduces, holding his hand out for me to shake.

The two men looked like opposites, Adrian tall and more bulky, the build for rugby players, and fair light hair, however Leon was smaller, but his size was perfect for his dancing, darker hair and darker eyes, Leon was often seen as straight. But if it weren’t for his sometimes crude ways talking about a man’s rear backside, I would have no idea he was gay either, in fact I probably would have fancied him myself.

“Congratulations.” Adrian says after a hand-shake that turned into a hug.

“Listen Lenn, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about...” He trails off, “I’m sorry about what I said on the phone, I just, I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

“I won’t get hurt.” I assure him, holding onto his arm and squeezing to get it into his mind. “Rob is a faithful and loving guy.” I tell him. “He won’t hurt me. And I’m over the moon to be marrying him.”

“Are you completely sure?” I turn at the sound of a new voice, and roll my eyes at Zayn. “Don’t pull that face at me.” He makes his voice sound jokingly, but I can tell the seriousness behind it. He’s causing trouble yet again.

The Brit After-Party

“Lennox!” I charge towards Louis and wrap my arms around him, squeezing tightly, I’m just glad to have my friends back.

“Lennox, I’m so sorry.” My vision turns to Zayn, glaring at him.

“You’re sorry?” I repeat, “You’re sorry?! Do you have any idea how much you hurt me?”

Zayn looks taken aback, having seen my approach to Louis and Liam, but to him? I wasn’t going to forgive him. He grabs told of my arm, pulling me towards the corner where there were no people to hear us, and then places both hands on my shoulders.

“What’s wrong?”

“I told you everything.” I mumble, lowering my voice when people pass us. “You saw me that day and I told you specifically that I still loved Niall, but you said horrible things about me. I thought we were friends?”

“We were just trying to cheer Niall up!” He insists. “We all were!”

“Yes well in the eyes of everyone else, I did break up with him for no reason! But I told you! I told you that I loved him, and that I couldn’t forgive him, that it wasn’t even my fault!”

“Are you still annoyed with me?” He asks, when I still continue to glare at him. Just like at the after-party, Zayn takes my hand, dragging me past the dancers and pulling me into the bathroom, locking it behind us. “Lennox, you don’t look happy.”

“I am.” I tell him, “I am, I’m marrying the man I love-“

“You don’t love him!” He shouts. “Lennox, I can read you like an open book! You don’t look at him the way you look at Niall!”