Chapter Twenty-Two: That's When I Knew

Yayyy! Early update because I got 10 votes on the last chapter! :D ENJOY! 12 VOTES FOR THE NEXT EARLY UPDATE!

*

I fiddled with the end of my top as I waited to go on stage for yet another interview. Niall stood next to me, holding my hand still, but even the calming words of Niall didn’t work, no matter how many radio and tv interviews I have done, I can never ever seem to calm myself for what questions they were going to ask.

“Please welcome the UK’s rising star, Lennox!” The woman, about ten years older than me announces. I walk on stage and wave at the live audience before sitting down opposite my interviewer. “Welcome Lennox.”

“Thanks for having me.” I thank, shifting in my seat and pulling my top down a bit and smoothing it out.

“So, Lennox, your new album, tell us about it.”

“Well, they’re all songs that I have written, some with other artists that songwrite-“

“So you wrote all your songs?” She asks and I nod, isn’t that what I just said? “And... rumour has it... this album is going to be dedicated to your boyfriend Niall Horan?”

“Rumour? I pretty much confirmed it.” I laugh and the woman smiles sarcastically. “So, how was your Christmas with Niall?”

“Um... It was great?” I answer. Why the hell is she asking me about my Christmas with Niall? This interview is supposed to be about my album!

“And Niall bought you a dog for Christmas, is that correct?”

“Yeah, he’s called Rolo.” I reply. Is she still onto this? I love Niall... but the interview is supposed to be about me!

“How are you going to be able to handle the distance when One Direction go back on tour? Especially when you yourself start touring for 3 months when he is in America, surely you won’t be able to see each other the whole time?”
“We haven’t really talked through when we both tour... we have enough trouble as it is right now.”

“Do you think that your relationship will end?” She pesters and I shake my head. “Because that’s what you insinuated.”

“I don’t believe I insinuated anything.” Was this lady for real?

“How do you handle the constant hate from teenage girls for dating Niall?”

“I try not to look at it much.” Lie. I look at it pretty much all the time. “Anyway, it’s died down a bit now, I think people might have gotten used to us being together.”

“Really?” The woman raises her eyebrows and motions towards the screen behind us, where some of my mentions were loaded. “How do you handle this?”

“I don’t... really have a technique.”

“There are quite a few death threats here, Lennox.” The woman tells me, patronising. She knows, she must have told from my body language that it all gets to me, I was here to show how affected I am.

“As I said... I don’t really look at it.” I reply, looking away from the screen, and I can already feel my eyes welling up.

“Shall we have a closer look at some of these messages?” She asks, clearly she doesn’t understand that I don’t want to see any of that.

“No.” I shake my head, but my eyes move of their own accord to the hate, and I begin to read.

You are so pathetic, and spoilt. I hope your family is ashamed of you.

I hope when you get pregnant with Niall’s child he leaves you and then the baby dies.

Niall is obviously using her so that he can protect Demi Lovato from hate.