32: The screen Ω

We have dinner quietly, but I can hear the other girls whispering to one another every so often. Harry takes my hand and squeezes it softly. The girls definitely know about what happened with V. I’m not sure if they’re angry and think I’ll have special treatment from V from now on, if they think the whole scenario is hilarious.

V nods at me politely from time to time, not making any show of her emotions. She has presumed acting the way she always has, which makes me wonder if what we did earlier has had a deeper effect on her. Does she really like me? Or was she just interested in something quick and dirty?

I know I’m definitely not in love with V, but I can’t lie, what the three of us did earlier was pretty damn sexy and disturbing. I just hope it hasn’t completely changed the way V feels toward me.

We finish eating and V leaves for her room. Harry follows suit.

“I’ll be back in a few minutes. I’ll see you at the choosing ritual, okay baby?” he tells me. I look at the clock, it’s just past 8 pm. I decide to stay back and help Lola and Niall with the dishes. Maybe they can fill me in on what’s going on between Harry and V, if there is something actually going on.

Lola picks up the dishes while Niall scrubs them. They work quietly and keep glancing at me from the corners of their eyes. I hate when people do that. I know they’re thinking about me, judging me, but they won’t be upfront about it.

“So who will you be choosing as your master tomorrow?” Lola speaks up. There’s a teasing smirk on her face and I know she’s enjoying teasing me.

“Harry, of course,” I answer.

She laughs. Even Niall can’t help but smirk.

“Why don’t you choose V, too? Maybe she can show you how to give Harry a proper BJ,” she laughs. I grit my jaw and stare at her.

“Oh I’m sorry, we don’t all have as much experience as you, Lola,” I roll my eyes. Lola bites her lip and wipes the counter top. Liam walks in and rubs his neck with his fresh towel. He glances at the three of us and smirks.

“Ooh another threesome happening any time soon? Count me in,” he winks. I throw a spoon at him. He dodges it and laughs.

“Seriously, though, how was it with V, Kat? I hear that tongue of hers works some magic on redheads,” he laughs harder. I aim to throw something heavier, but Liam leaves and heads to the gym. I ignore him and turn to see Niall and Lola laughing.

“You went from being a virgin to having a threesome pretty damn fast young lady,” Lola shakes her head.

“Listen here, you two. What happened earlier with Harry , V and I stays between us. What we did isn’t any better or worse than what the rest of you have done and I’d appreciate if you all shut the fuck up already!”

Niall and Lola are deathly silent and I nod. “That’s better.”

Lola leaves the room and I smile at the way she seems so annoyed. She wasn’t much of a friend, just probably liked the fact that I was a newbie and now that I’m not so new anymore, she’s bored of me. Oh well.

Niall lags behind and prepares a hot chocolate with whipped cream. I lean against the counter, watching him. He puts so much care into the way the cream swirls around the cup and I find that I’d like a hot chocolate myself.

“How much cream do you want?” he asks, knowing I clearly want a drink, too.

“Oh, um just enough to cover the top.”

He hands me the cup and his hand touches mine. He keeps his fingers there momentarily.

“I um I never really apologized for the way I acted the couple days after Harry found you and saved you and—“