26: Watch me Ω

I'm not sure how long Harry held me, but I feel his arm muscles tighten and shake slightly. I try to hold onto him, but my arms are too weak. I lay there limp on the bed. The sheets are soft beneath me, contrasting Harry's hard, but still protective body. 

Harry gently eases off me and adjusts my pillow and the blanket on my legs.

"I'll be right back, okay? I'm getting more bandages," he tells me. I nod and he leaves. When he returns, he begins cleaning my wounds with alcohol and presses bandages on my countless cuts.

A woman enters the room. I squint through my heavy lids and see Scarlette. Great, what does she want?

Harry doesn't even notice her, but continues to work on me, gently pressing the gauze and bandages.

"Jesus, is she dead?" Scarlette gasps.

"No, fuck off," Harry grunts.

Scarlette holds her hands up in surrender. "Harry, she needs stitches."

Harry's hand shakes as he dabs at my forehead and the purple bruises on my stomach. He looks into my eyes and his jaw clenches. 

"Get V," he says.

Scarlette nods and V walks in a few minutes later. I hear her by the door, arguing with Scarlette.

"How did this happen? Who did this, Scarlette?" she demanded. Her questions and threats poured out faster than Scarlette could blink.

"I have no clue. Harry found her on the ground and I came in here and--"

"If this is one of your petty pranks, so help me God, I will kick you out of this place," V threatens.

Scarlette is quiet. "I may not like this girl, but I'm not a complete maniac. I would never plan to nearly kill her."

I swallow hard, somehow knowing that Scarlette is telling the truth.

Harry turns sharply.

"If you don't figure out what fuckers did this to her, I swear to God I'll strangle both of you to death!"

"Harry, it's okay," I speak up. It's not okay at all, but I don't want him to lash out at V.

Harry snaps his head and focuses on me. The flame in his eyes calms down and he takes a deep breath. 

"She needs stiches," he says calmly. V assesses my damage and takes my hand. 

"Whoever did this to you will be held accountable," V promises me.

"Thank you, V," I smiles weakly. V squeezes my hand tightly. Then she lets go and leaves briskly. Scarlette brings Harry a set of medical supplies and hands him everything he needs.

"Harry, you don't know what you're doing, you're gonna hurt her," V shakes her head. She walks over to the bedside briskly and kneels. I've never seen her so panicked. 

"Fuck off!" Harry shouts. He leans in toward me, shielding me from V and Scarlette, who both seem equally as terrified of the condition I'm in. I keep dozing off, half out of exhaustion and half out of the hope that I might never wake up again.

Harry prods me with something cold and metalic. I half open my heavy eyelids to see Harry's shaking hands gripping a needle. There's some kind of liquid inside the needle and it makes me sleepier and sleepier.

"You'll be good as new, Kitty, I promise," Harry says. It's barely a whisper.

***

When I wake up, the room is still dark. Because of the lack of windows, I can't tell whether it's day or night, but it doesn't really matter. I stretch my arms and legs slightly, testing them out. I'm still extremely sore and I feel gauze and bandages all over my body. Most of my skin is covered in these white patches of bandages, attempting to heal me.