29: Hex Ω

They circle around me, slowly, watching my face. I try to keep calm, act as though I know what they're about to do and that I trust them. I don't trust them whatsoever, but I can't just run. I'm outnumbered.

Lola takes my hand. "Come."

"Where are you taking me?"

Lola doesn't blink. "I've already explained this, just trust us."

I stand firmly in place. Lola and Scarlette exchange glances, as if amused by my stubbornness.

"Who do you trust more? The woman with only one letter as her supposed first name, or us, the girls who've helped you along the way?" Lola asks.

I scoff. "Helped me? You've been decent to me, but you've also changed. I don't know what happened, but the night I was attacked--"

Scarlette clears her throat and walks closer to me. Her black hair catches in the brief flicker of light. I turn to see Rachel and Corinne lighting up candles.

"Look, I'll go if you tell me what you're gonna do," I reason. I don't think they're going to hurt me, but after the night I was attacked, I can't help but second guess everyone, even Lola, who used to be pretty nice to me.

Lola nods, toying with one of her curls. "Alright."

I stand straighter, more confidently.

"We're cleaning your body and restoring the protection your virginity once gave you," she says, still vaguely. 

I take a deep breath and look at each of the girls' faces. 

Lola and Scarlette kneel down before me. Rachel and Corrine follow suit. What's going on?...

The girls reach for my waist and lift me up. Two of them hold my legs up while the other two hold up my torso. I'm basically hovering over them, only held by their hands, their combined strength.

I close my eyes, then open them, deciding I should probably pay attention to where they're taking me and being ready to scream loud enough in case they end up hurting me.

The girls lead me a white room without windows, just a silver tub. They lower me into the tub and I recognize it as the first tub they took me to the first night I came here. The water in the tub is just above freezing, making me shiver instantly. I wrap my arms around my shoulders and sit up in the tub, but Rachel puts a hand on me. 

"You have to stay in the tub," she says.

Corinne is quiet, standing opposite her. Lola and Scarlette nod at each other. Lola brings over a glass vile with white crystalline particles.

Lola stands to my right while the other girls file around me. Scarlette is directly behind me, looking down at my eyes.

"Close your eyes," she says. I hesitate a moment. 

Lola presses her fingers softly to my eyelids, until I close them. I feel one of the girls reach for my top and slowly unbutton it. I shift in the tub. Another girl pulls my sweats down. 

"Hey, what are you guys--"

"Just relax."

I reach for my clothes, but they've already pulled them off and tossed them aside. My skin feels inflammed by the iciness of the water. I'm shivering so hard that I stop noticing it.

I feel one of the girls pour the white crystals over my body. They fall on my breasts and glide down to my stomach.

"It's just salt, don't worry," I hear Lola's voice.

I grit my jaw and accept her answer because some of the salt touches my tongue and I taste it. It's definitely salt, but it could be laced with something else...