23: Possession Ω

I walk aimlessly down the hall, squinting all the while. Why does it have to goddamn dark? Why does Harry have to be such an asshole? And why do I have to like him so much that I let his words affect me?

Because I love-- no, no. I don't. I can't. Harry has no capacity to reciprocate such an intense feeling. He enjoys throwing random compliments at me, just to toy with my feelings, then he randomly lashes out at me...And what do my old feelings for Zayn even have to do with Harry? I know Harry thought Zayn was annoying, but it's not like I'm with Zayn anymore. He's old news.

I start half jogging down the hall, looking for a way out. I can't last another day with Harry, let alone Liam. I could be with Niall, but part of me knows that Harry would easily beat Niall to a pulp if he dared make me his submissive. Either way, the second week of this whorehouse begins in a few days and the women get to choose who they want to be with.

I press my hand along the walls, trying to feel my way to any sort of exit. I hear the faint chatter of girls in another room, the screams of a girl in Liam's room, and the laughs of Scarlette and possibly V. I've never heard V laugh.

V has a very strict, yet calm composure. It's like she physically can't relax and be casual. I admire how much poise she has being that she is the unofficial headmistress of a whorehouse. I still don't understand why she wanted me to come here... Harry said it himself; I don't look like these other girls. And I'm certainly not nearly as confident. I literally do not belong here. But somehow, I can't lie and say that I'm not glad I left my parents for a little while. It's only been a few days since I last saw them, but I feel more relaxed, more independent.

My finger catches on something and I realize it's a windowsill. I peek through it and around the corridor, in case someone is walking down. No one seems to be nearby, so I jump up onto the windowsill and toy with the lock. It's made of some strong metal that doesn't budge. 

"Need some help?"

I nearly lose my balance on the sill and fall flat on my butt.

"W-what? Oh no," I stutter.

Niall holds his hand out and helps me down. I take his hand slowly and avoid his eyes.

Niall runs his fingers through his hair as he stares at me. "Why are you leaving us?" he whispers.

I look down. "It has nothing to do with you or Lola or V, it's just that..."

"Harry," Niall answers. 

I chew on my lip. 

Niall takes my face in his hands, forcing me to look at his eyes. "What did that asshole do? Was he too rough? Did he give you these bruises?"

Niall's questions ramble on and on and the more he speaks, the more my chest hurts. He's so unbelievably sweet and caring. Just because the girls and the guys here are under contract doesn't make change the fact that Niall is naturally a gentleman. 

"It's ok, I'm fine. Harry is ...Harry."

Niall laughs tensely. "Kitty, if he's pushing you too hard, you can leave. You can choose any other guy. You can choose...choose."

"You?"

Niall blushes. He genuinely turns dark pink, like a newly budding rose. His hands drop from my face and he looks at me from the corner of his eyes as though he's not allowed to look at me for too long.

"I mean, only if you want," he trails. I smile at his bashfulness.

"I have three days left with Harry," I say. Niall nods. He shifts in place. "What's wrong?" I ask.