Chapter 30

THIRD PERSON VIEW.

A WEEK LATER....

"My squad is on their way here. This city needs all the protecting it can get." Kathy told Bruce and Se'ir as they added finishing touches to the devices. The schematics had been put to action once the horrific events had occured. Now sitting before them, were small devices programed to momentarily distort the mind. A device that could mean everything for their operation in two days. They had a location, and Se'ir and Richard had also discovered something new. The earth elemental had been digging around the city and moving their locations, making it more difficult to pin point them. Fortunately, he had slipped up, or maybe it was intentional to get their attention....what ever the reason, they had a search area and this time, there was no holding back. Bruce and Lucius had ordered more explosives and drilling machines...nothing too fancy, they didn't want to cause any more damage.

"Is bats okay with all this?" Se'ir asked as he dropped the tiny screwdriver on the table. Bruce looked up from his spot infront of a large monitor and narrowed his eyes at Se'ir, who shrugged then grinned.

"As long as they don't interfere with my work. They should be focused on keeping the people safe and securing key locations." He replied and turned back to the screen.

"That's what they'll be here for." Kathy replied and exhaled. She was unsure of his response and now the pressure was definately off. She watched them quietly. Se'ir tightened the last tiny bolt under the advanced microscope, put it inside a small, transperent dome, and Bruce uploaded the software. They were all quiet as it uploaded in seconds.A beeping noise interrupted the silence and the dome automatically opened, revealing the fully operational device.     

"Well, who are the test subjects?" Kathy asked.

"Kathy, this is why we have thugs." Se'ir laughed and stood. He grabbed his jacket, gave a brief nod to Bruce and a hug to Kathy then left the cave.

"This is what we gon' do, we gon' rob the thug's mind! It's what we gotta do 'cause we livin' the cop life!" He called out, threw a fake gang sign in the air and bit his lip menacingly as the cave's elevator took him and his stupid rap away. Kathy found herself chuckling at his antics and Bruce let out a sigh. The nightmares had ceased for him, but that didn't stop his mind from replaying last week's events. Now the city was in a state of panic. Gordon had cops posted all over the city and was currently considering requesting help from the military to take Xenos down. A blood manipulator

was no joke, and till now, Bruce hadn't figured out a way to even the odds.

Kathy, on the other hand, hadn't told Bruce and Se'ir everything. There was someone else joining this fight, but she already knew how he felt about multiple allies. He wasn't a fan and she wasn't ready to have him refuse the help, so she just had to hide it as well as she could till it revealed itself. Hiding something from the World's Greatest Detective wasn't a smart choice.

"Goodluck, Kathy." She thought to herself as she watched him place another small batch of devices into the dome-like structure....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UNGERGROUND.

ARES' VIEW

Training. We were always training to kill, every damn day. F*****g s**t. I couldn't handle it anymore.

Our minds were not ours to control anymore and most of the things we did were controlled by him.Our team was in shambles. It was obvious everyone was still shaken by what we did last week. Let's not forget all the times we found Xenos watching the news and we saw ourselves killing like it was alright with the world. We barely had time to talk to each other, we were always escorted by those blue monsters and seperated. The only one of us that was allowed more freedom was my sister. He always wanted her by his side and I knew she didn't refute it only because we needed to cooperate to avoid severe punishment. Analise was more reserved, and less brash than she was about two weeks ago. She almost seemed empty. Even Eric was softer now. His usual bitterness was toned down. He moved stiffly and only spoke when he was spoken to..