Chapter 3

APHRODITE'S VIEW

5 DAYS LATER.

I was a murderer. The tree was still missing, that thug died by my hands somehow. The quick update was that Analise was still semi-hostile towards me, the black spot on the ground and the missing tree was still a mystery to everyone in the neigborhood, my lunch date with Derick was tommorrow because I moved it, and there was still no sign of Batman. Atleast Mr. Wayne's portrait was completed. It was to be exhibited tonight. I was nervous but Rick had encouraged me earlier on and now I was left to prepare myself. Despite all that, I wasn't too sure if my piece was good enough, if it was appropriate, if it didn't stir up unwanted emotions and worst of all, if it would be rejected. Sadly, it was too late to do anything about it now.

Just glaze, pray, and wait.

BRUCE WAYNE'S VIEW [REMINDER: HIS TONE AND ACTIONS WILL ALWAYS BE LIGHTER THAN BATMAN'S]

"I'm sure I don't have to remind you,sir, that Bruce Wayne does have a gallery opening to attend in 10minutes with Ms. Jules." Alfred said behind me. I slammed my fists on the table in frustration. The case 6 days ago had no leads, only a pile of ashes and a skull....

Gordon and his squad had found the mess right at the door of the Police department. It was a common street thug. Not much background information aside from the fact that he had committed murder and escaped. His permanent punishment would have been satisfactory if his death hadn't been so enigmatic. Something was brewing. I could feel it. It was only a matter of time before it revealed itself.

"I know. I still need to look into it after the gallery opening." I said and slid off my cowl. I needed to pick up Veronica Jules in 7mins and head to the new art gallery. A portrait of Bruce Wayne had been painted , a way of saying thank you for the donations. A portrait done by the newest member of Wayne Palms. Ms. Aphrodite Johnson. I had seen her on the news the day the entire world watched Superman's appreciation day. Her giant painting of him was exhibited and I quickly learned she was a very beautiful and highly talented woman certainly worthy of the name Aphrodite. I didn't know why she suddenly relocated but I planned on seeing her this evening and finding out.

"Master Bruce! As much as you enjoy being locked down here, you must attend this evening's gallery opening!" Alfred shouted from the staircase. The case of the disintergrated thug still bothered me. It was nothing like I'd ever seen before. I intended to find out more and tonight might just be the best time run tests on the remains of the man considering the evidence was still intact.

———————————————————————————————————————————————-

In fifteen minutes, I was ready and I had picked up Veronica. We were on our way to the event. She stunned in an elegant black dress with a beautiful choker around her neck and her dark hair neatly tied up.

"Are you okay, Bruce?" She asked, placing a gloved hand on my cheek.

"Why not? I'm great. I'm with you after all." I said and smiled at her. She smiled back and relaxed. In 5mins, Alfred had gotten to the new art gallery. He stepped out and opened the door for us. I stepped out and offered Veronica my arm.

"Thanks, Alfred." Veronica said to him and took my arm.

"You are welcome, madame." He replied and bowed.

"Later, Alfred." I called over my shoulder. He waved and drove off. The gallery was visually and structurally stunning especially with the inclusion of vibrant colors.

"Wow. This is beautiful!" Veronica said beside me.

"Couldn't have said it better myself." I replied.