Chapter 1

*WELCOME, READERS. IF YOU'RE HERE NOW, YOU'VE DECIDED TO JOIN APHRODITE, BATMAN AND EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED ON THIS JOURNEY TO UNCOVER EVERYTHING MY BRAIN PRODUCED FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT. THANKS FOR READING. NOW, ON WITH THE STORY.*

APHRODITE'S VIEW.

   I looked outside the window as I drove into the quiet city. Rain pounded hard against my windshield and it seemed like my wipers weren't going to survive the weather. I shivered in my jacked and pulled it tight against my body with my right foot steady on the gas pedal.Moving from Metropolis was hard for me, having lived there all my life; I had to leave behind my parents, my friends and my job. The city of Metropolis was one of those cities others inspired to be, it had beautiful beaches, luminious sunshine, and wonderful people.We also had a special gift no other city could ever have. We had The Man of Steel/Superman. He protected our city, endangered himself each day to ensure we were all safe. We owed him more than we could ever give, the big "S" inspired us all. The people would cheer him on as he fought numerous intruders from all over the galaxy from destroying our humble abode. Yes, I know, that was cheesy but oh well, it is what it is.

I knew who he was though; Clark Kent of the Daily Planet. The curl and the glasses didn't do much for him but many citizens couldn't see the dorky and sometimes clumsy reporter being the world's best superhero. Despite that, I still hold the belief that people consciously chose not to look into his identity instead, they direct their focus on appreciating his work. Fine by me.

Now here I was, running for my life or rather driving. I chuckled quietly as I drove. The streets were painfully quiet and dull, unlike in Metropolis where people would stroll, walk their dogs or just simply gaze at the stars. I sighed and shook my head. I was here for a good reason. What ever it was that killed that thug, I knew it involved me in a way I couldn't understand and I couldn't live with it even if it was self defense. I had also recieved a better job offer and I was pretty excited to get started. Anyone who came to this city is curious about its famous protector and I'm no exception. He's been called a myth, a legend, but I'll make my decision if I ever do get to see him, which is highly unlikely if I maintain a low-profile.

=============================================================

This city was nothing like Metropolis. Nothing like I'd ever seen before but certainly heard of too many times. It looked like the city the Addams family would dwell in. The trees looked ancient and worn out but also beautiful in a strange way. I stopped at a stop sign and looked around. There were many buildings and a good number of skyscrappers. The tallest being one with a giant "W" on it. Wayne Enterprises. The company of the infamous playboy billionaire and philanthropist, Bruce Wayne. I had never seen him in person but from his T.V interviews and pictures, it was already established that he was insanely handsome and fully-equipment to stomp on women's emotions. Looks aren't everything and he is definately not worth the trade-off of becoming an emotional wreck...ain't nobody got time for that.

As I continued to drive, lightning decorated the gloomy skies and thunder shook the atmosphere and with all that came heavier rain. I sighed and shook my head like shit couldn't get any worse.I would arrive at my new home in apporximately 5mins and I was anxious. Gargoyles with elongated, sharp fangs and talons were fixed on many of the building, looking almost like sychronized themes. Their stone eyes and slits seemed to watch your every move. It was disturbing. Some trees looked like they enveloped houses with their scattered and crooked branches. Darkness dripped from the city and I wondered if the sun even rose here. And I'm not kidding. Surprisingly, the city had wonderful infastructure, even better than Metropolis'. The bridges stood tall and firm; the roads wide and smooth, and most of the buildings upright and organized. Let's just say the "clean-up crew" for the city was pretty damn efficient.