Chapter 27

THIRD PERSON VIEW

WEDNESDAY....

It was dark and cold at Gotham cemetary and he had followed her. He walked quietly and carefully, curving around the trees to move closer to her. A few minutes later, he spotted his golden-haired beauty seating cross-legged on the wet grass, her now pale fingers blindly tracing the outline of a tombstone.....

She heard movement and she was instantly alert. Till he stepped out. They locked gazes in silence and no one moved. She slowly turned away from him, disappointment and anger flooding her features, and continued to trace the names on the tombstone, her movements stiffer this time. He sighed and took a step forward but a bolt of quintessence landed at his feet. He jumped back to prevent any damage and was shocked to find that she hadn't moved when she attacked him.....

He was unsure whether to be proud of her skills, more worried about her behavior, or to leave her. No. He wasn't leaving, not tonight, not again. He took another bold step and this time, he wasn't attacked.

"Aphrodite...please, listen." He called to her gently and she hummed.

"You didn't let me save myself, Bruce.There's nothing you can do for me. I'm already dead!"  She told him coldly. The streaks of tears that had stained her cheeks that day still remained on her face and new ones fell in the same spot to torment him. She stood slowly, looked down at her grave and disappeared right infront of his eyes. He stood there, yelling after her, knowing she was gone but hoping he wasn't hallucinating again.

"Too late, Wayne. She was never yours. Two days left...." An eerie voice laughed before he was jolted out of the fifth nightmare so far....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 UNDERGROUND.

THURSDAY.....

The team was worked during the day and late in the evenings. He had made it his top priority to ensure it remained that way. He'd practiced with them, moved with them and learned with them. They didn't deem themselves ready for such a task, but with the aid of the orb, they were soon "convinced". Each was still unable to utilize their full potensial, but there was only a day left, and the device was yet to be revealed. He, Eric and his creatures had worked on it before the rest of the team was present. It was now fully functional in an area sectioned off for its comfort. All 5 spots were prepared.

Their armor was fixed while they trained. He had his creatures recreate them and include better color schemes.They were now bullet-proof, with stronger material that also improved mobility. And as for the women on the team, he addressed their concerns. Their suits were well fitted, not skin-tight, and the neck lines didn't plunge down to reveal a lot of cleavage....but they did draw attention. 

Currently, their will was his. Their blood was his. They did put up a fight, but nothing would prevent their blood from being manipulated. He hated taking her will the most. It actually hurt him to watch her features cloud with a strong dislike for him as he clamped down on her right wrist and allowed the syringe to do its job. He could still see she didn't love him as he loved her and it stung. Had it been that he had revealed himself before she crossed paths with Batman, they would be a power couple.

 Gotham Square was his tomorrow. Nothing must ruin it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRUCE'S VIEW

FRIDAY 2:00PM.

I had apprehended Riddler and the Mad Hatter yesterday, and Gotham was still in a joyous state. I had checked on Joker and the others in Arkham, and it was good news to hear the new sedatives developed by Wayne Laboratory were effective...for now. No news had come up about Xenos or Aphrodite and they made sure none ever surfaced. I was currently at Wayne Enterprises, standing by the large  window overlooking the city.