Chapter 36

WELL, DAMN. LOOK WHO'S FINALLY UPDATING THIS STORY. I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS RIDICULOUS DELAY....BUT IT'S HERE NOW....SO, ENJOY.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARES' VIEW

About an hour or so of sleeping, the van pulled to a stop infront of a deserted two-story house. Analise stirred a bit from her sleep, she had also fallen asleep on my shoulder. The guy named Nightwing drove while the pretty lady named Kathy was in the passenger seat...the other guy and Eric were in the back, guarding Aphrodite. I was too tired to protest it, plus they had just busted us out...least I could do was be grateful they all shared the need to protect her, and all of us in general.

"Alright, time to get moving." The guy in the back announced, finally turning to us. He was roughed up, just like the rest of them were, but he was still on his feet. I tapped Analise gently to wake her and her blue eyes flew open instantly. She looked down and found she had been leaning against me the entire time. Her face turned red and she began to apologize.

"Sorry, sorry...I was-" 

"It's alright. I wasn't complaining." I replied and smiled. To my delight, her expression softened and she returned a beautiful smile. Our moment was interrupted when the door to the van slid open for us to get out. We stepped out and I headed straight to the back and found Eric and the man lifting my sister out...

"This way, guys." Kathy said and motioned for us to follow. 

"I'll go park. Batman will be here shortly." Nightwing said and drove off while we walked with Kathy. It was still dark, and the area around had high grass, not enough to harbor creatures though. As we closed in on the house, it now seemed to look like a small shack, and it made no sense to me. I could have sworn it was a two-story house a few minutes ago...maybe it was just exhaustion.

"You're right. It was a two-story house." Kathy chuckled beside me as she pulled out the keys to unlock the door. I was taken back, as were Eric and Analise. Was she a mind reader? "This way, lady and gents." She annouced as she stepped out of the way to allow us walk into the dark shack. Once the guy carrying my sister stepped in, Kathy shut the door.

"Stay quiet." She whispered and we turned to her just in time to catch her iris' glow a bright blue. I heard Analise bite back a squeal of shock, and Eric and I gasp in unison. What was she? "Alright. We're clear." She annouced, sounding like some kind of military commander all of a sudden.

"Lights, babe." The guy with Aphrodite said to Kathy and chuckled.

"Oh be quiet." Kathy teased back and we heard her take a two steps before flicking on the lights. Once the "shack" was lit, it was nothing like I'd seen before. It was a fully operational hide out, base, whatever you wanted to call it. The main are was decorated with computers and then a major control system with a large touch-screen surface. In the center of the room, were sofas, coffee tables. I was pretty sure under those sofas/tables were conviniently hidden weapons for defense/protection .

"Wow....it's amazing." Analise said as she continued to survey the area.

"Agreed. Very impressive." Eric added as he walked beside Analise, still amazed. I walked further into the middle of the room then focused my attention on Aphrodite. She was still as pale, and limp as before with no visible sign of progress. I sighed. I was beyond worried, but I tried not to panic again like I did earlier. I tried to maintain a positive mind state...for her sake. I was snapped out of my thoughts when a firm hand landed on my right shoulder, I looked to see Eric, with his features flooded with sympathy...