Chapter 19

THIRD PERSON VIEW

Patrol had been going on for two hours and fifty five minutes....so it was now 5:55pm..

Batman stood on a rooftop, surveying the damage done to the G.C.P.D. Nightwing had been sent to the other half of the city. Fire trucks were still present, people had been evacuated while the area was being secured. Plans for reconstruction would start anytime soon.

"Nothing here at all. People are keeping a low profile." Nightwing spoke through his communicator.

"It's only a matter of time, he'll show up. Keep your eyes open." Batman responded

"Not a problem."

Batman turned and shot out his grappling hook to the nearest building, heading towards the park the wedding had taken place. Thunder and gentle lightning began to pound the skies as he moved, but it hadn't rained at all. He moved through the clouded skies with his gadget, swiftly and expertly...till he reached his destination. The park was completely abandoned and had been cleared of the items from the previous ceremony. His cowl suddenly beeped, alerting him of the time.

6:00PM.

He turned on dectective mode on his cowl and began to search for heat signatures around the park. Emerging from below, and appearing in the heart of the park, was Xenos/Larson and a group of about 10 creatures. They moved in a tight group, his hands behind his back. Batman enhanced the hearing on his cowl to listen in on their conversation, and after a few adjustments, he was able to hear the conversation.

"Sir, she has refused to show up." One of the creatures said after scanning the area. Xenos merely laughed.

"I knew she would not. She is heavily protected. Do your jobs as planned and meet back here. They will soon regret protecting her." He said.

"Yes, sir." They answered simultaneously before dispersing around the park. Batman moved, throwing smoke pellets in the air and landing softly to begin taking them out. In the distortion, he struck out the creatures, knocking down 5 in a flurry of attacks, not taking any chances. The smoke density began to lessen, pressuring him to move faster. With a brass fist connecting with a creatures jaw and an armored boot digging into another's rib cage, he dug into his utility belt and tossed out more smoke pellets. Unfortunately, he was grabbed by the neck and slammed into the ground by the huge arms of one of the creatures. He rolled just before giant blue feet crushed his head. Another creature grabbed him by the throat, attempting to end his life by choking him. The struggle was brief as Batman slammed his armored skull into the creatures frontal bone, causing the creature to let out a cry of pain and release him. As Batman went in for the final blow on the creature, he was stopped mid way, a shout of pain escaping his lips.

As the smoke cleared, Xenos was seen with his fingers curled in Batman's direction.

"You really are a force to be reckoned with." He commented, motioning at his unconcious creatures and refraining the remaining four from attacking."Your skills are indeed impressive, but you are no match for my ability. Where is she?"

"She will not join you." Batman confirmed and shouted in pain as Xenos curled another finger infront of him. The pain was abnormal. It paralyzed him completely and each move he attempted to make only heightned the excruciating pain.

"Oh you of little faith, she will." He replied and curled his fingers into a ball, causing Batman to lurch backwards. He hit the ground harshly, the impact briefly knocking the air out of his lungs, before he could pull himself off the ground, he began to experience the worst yet. On his knees, it felt like the blood in his body would come flowing out his mouth any minute. Xenos grinned, curling his fingers again and Batman felt it. He shut his mouth tight, now currently under the paralysis as a result of Xenos' second hand, and preventing his blood from leaving his mouth. With a twist of Xenos' wrist, Batman let out a shout, ultimately opening his mouth and seeing droplets of his blood dance before his eyes, held up by Xenos before he threw the droplets at his face.....making sure to maniplulate them to form thin, pressurized lines and ensuring that they sliced at Batman's exposed skin.... Bruce winced from the impact, hating his current immobility.