Chapter 8

APHRODITE'S VIEW

I woke up laying down on a cold floor. My throat was dry and I was still covered in dry mud. I sat up and gasped. I was in some kind of glass dome! I stood and it wobbled. I sat back down immediately because it was now evident I was dangling over something. The room was dimly lit...with nothing but a candle and a lever next to it. The wall wasn't plastered. It was rough...like a tunnels'.

"Hello?" I called out loudly. I didn't get a reply till I yelled a second time. I heard heavy footsteps through the tunnel walls. There was no door to get in but the steps kept heading my direction. I looked up just in time to see the tunnel walls open for one of the blue creatures. I sat gaping at what had happened. The walls made way for him as though it were a mechanical curtain or something. This blue guy had long black hair and a long scar across his chest. 

"You are awake. It is time." His voice boomed. He pushed down the lever and my dome-like structure moved forward. I stumbled back and fell as it moved. In a few seconds, it stopped. I was now so close to the guy, I could see his scar was still a healing mark. He walked closer and I scooted back because I was frightened. He elbowed the glass, shattering it completely. Warm arms slipped in and he motioned for me to get out.

"Where am I? And where are you taking me?" I asked.

"You shall see." He replied and pulled out a pair of shackles. I looked at them and instinctively backed away. He grabbed my arms forcefully and pulled me back. 

"I want answers!" I exclaimed and tried to shrug off his grip. He tightened his grip so much, it became painful to move.

"Give me your wrists." He commanded. He tugged on my now sore arms, and I submitted. My hands shook as I presented my wrists. The silver shackles locked on immediately. "Follow me. Attempt anything and the shackles will speak for themselves. We do not wish to mistreat you, goddess but your previous actions earn you your current....punishment." He said. Of course. The blue guy I murdered. He stood infront of the walls and they opened up again. I walked through them fast just incase they became solid again. I followed him silently through the dimly lit tunnels. I was tired. I knew I should be freaking out or something but I wasn't. Maybe because what I could now do, over the past few months and days, had taken all the shock out of me. The strange power I had was still frightenen. My hair threatened to cut off the very little light around me but I had to raise my head every few seconds to keep it out of my eyes. My mind raced back to Bruce-man. I hoped he was okay and I also hoped he was working out a way to help me out of here...

"You are taking this well, goddess." He said.

"Stop calling me that." I replied dryly.

"I do not think that will happen."

"Make it happen. I'm not a goddess. Just because I'm named after a goddess doesn't make me one."

"We shall see." He laughed. I sighed and looked ahead, and there was another wall. It let us in and the room was brightly lit. I had to squint and readjust to see again. It was a plain room with one chair and three other blue guys. They stood tall, their yellow eyes fixed on mine. One was holding a small plank with a button on it. This better not be a torture room

"This is the woman you speak of? This flithy human?" One of them laughed. He had spiky brown hair. I glared at him and he stuck his tongue out at me. That idiot. 

"Yes. Mind you, Kelzak, she is mighter and more attractive than you think." The blue guy I followed said. He maintained a straight face and I ignored his comment.

"She is not human. Her abilities are rare like none other. He will be pleased we located her so early." The other guy with short brown hair said.

"Can you all stop talking about me like I'm not in this room?"