Chapter 40

[THE NEXT DAY.]

APHRODITE'S VIEW 

"I'm leaving immediately." I finished and looked at both of them. Arria and Macedon looked at me quietly. Arria had her arms folded while Macedon had a gentle smile on his features. 

"We have been aware of that for a while now. You are not exactly the calmest person when you are upset." Macedon commented.

"Child, I have given you my warnings about your choices but you also have a valid point." Arria replied, for once agreeing with me. I found myself smiling, if she was on my side, couldn't she and Macedon just return me back instead of me wasting more time trying to figure it out?

"Well then, can you two-" I began but I was cut of at once.

"No." She answered curtly. "We will not return you as you assumed. You were eager to try it yourself a while ago why not test your abilities and accomplish it all by yourself, hmm?" She said, a hint of playful mischief in her tone. I didn't even argue with her on this one because I was confident in my abilities and I was ready to prove it to her. I looked to Macedon and he gave me a nod of encouragement and I took deep breaths, preparing to say my goodbyes the proper way.

"Thank you both for this experience. As abrupt and frustrating as it was at times, I have learned more than I ever thought possible from you two and I greatly appreciate it. I am better at handling my element and I am more aware of my resposibilities to this world and to my fellow elementals. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise with me and I promise to keep in mind all that you have said and more." I said respectively and for a second there, Arria looked a bit taken back at my sincerity but ended up offering me the softest smile I had ever seen on her so far.

"You are welcome, Aphrodite." She said, using my actual name this time. "You are indeed a fast learner and you have excelled greatly at using your gift. I have had my discussion with you regarding the dangers and I am sure you will heed to my advice. I will also hold up my own side of our eariler bargain." She finished in a strict tone and she stepped up to face me directly. She reached around and hugged me and I near damn almost disintegrated from shock. She was warm and I could feel her own energy radiating off her body; a feeling that surprisingly wasn't odd, it was more like misplaced comfort. I found my arms circling my teacher and returning her embrace. "I believe in you, child. Do not disappoint Macedon and I." She finished and I found myself laughing softly into her shoulders as we pulled back from each other.

"I won't. Thank you so much." I replied and she nodded. Macedon came down, also embracing me tightly.

"You are strong, Aphrodite, and I know you are just as determined. Exterminate this problem plaguing your city and this world and return to your friends and family victorious. Please be very careful, dear, and remember all you have been taught." He told me gently. "Energy is your department, you have the ability to manipulate it. Always remember that."

"I will. Thank you, Macedon." I responded and he smiled once more before ascending next to Arria. The two of them watched quietly as I sat cross-legged on the grass, prepared to awaken myself. I knew it was working when the world around me slowly began to fade and I was sort of returning to the blinding abyss I came through a while ago. I would get back this time and nothing was going to prevent that.

_____________________________________________________

AN HOUR LATER...

That was it....one limb at a time.....

I had been fluttering my eyes for what seemed like ages now and everything was still blurry. I felt like I was alive in a semi-dead body and I was still desperately trying to revive myself. Once again, I commanded my eyes to open and to my surprise, they did; I slowly scanned my surrounding, and found I was in a dimly lit medical room but it had more equipment than Xenos' so I definitely wasn't in the tunnels anymore. But where was I? In a hospital in the city? In some secret lair Larson built? Or was I with Bruce? I wasn't too sure about the Bruce part just yet despite the fact that he had somehow communicated with me whiIe I was away. I had questions and I needed answers but I had to get my body moving. I began to twitch my fingers rapidly till I gradually began to regain feeling in both my arms and I was able to lift them before my eyes. Excitement filled me and if I could bounce up and down right now, I would. I felt encouraged as I continued to push forward and move more parts of my body; next, I began to move my legs left and right till I trusted myself to lift them. Now my eyes were open and my arms and legs were semi-functional,I just had to figure out how to sit up.