Chapter 22: When Only 7 Remain

"Alright Mack, you know how to shoot?" Ironhide asked Mackenzie as they entered a spacious room. Weapons, punching bags, and other sort of training items and equipment were lined up against the wall. Mackie stumbled a little as Jazz set her down on the training room floor and held Fulton in his hand. She found it a little funny she was still in a white hospital tank top and pants but meh, who cares? She honestly didn't, all that mattered, was getting her family back from the cons and Mackie was determined to get them but she needed a few fighting and gun tips. Who better to teach them The trigger-happy weapon specialist Ironhide?

"I know how to aim, but shooting's a different story. Never held a gun before and a nerf gun doesn't exactly count," Mackie said remembering all the nerf battles she used to have with her brothers when they were younger. Ironhide frowned a bit at her answer.

"Better fix that. Grab a pistol Mackenzie," he ordered and Mackie went to the weapons wall with a small limp and picked up the pistol. It was loaded and the safety was on. Fulton noticed the gun and his sister and made grabby hands at them but Jazz quickly distracted him with peekaboo by covering the toddler with his entire hand and then lifting it away again. Fulton giggled as Hide continued on with his teachings. He squatted down by Mackie and pointed at the target, which was a large bullseye.

"With bots and cons, humans stand little to no chance so the trick is to outsmart 'em. Optics and auditory receptors are key targets for you fleshies so always aim there. Turn off the safety and hit the bullseye dead center," Ironhide said in a serious and kind of gruff voice. Mackie nodded and took a deep breath, but before she shot it, Hide moved her hands with a finger to correct the way she was holding it. Once fixed Mackie shot at the target and nearly got a center shot. The kickback from the shot surprised her and threw her off a little but Hide kept a hand behind her to keep her from stumbling back seeing as it threw off her balance.

"I.. I didn't think this thing had that strong of a kickback," she mumbled and Hide smirked and chuckled.

"You think that's something wait until you get your hands on an AR-15, or an M4," he smirked and Mackie frowned.

"The bigger guns can wait I want to know how to take down a con," she scowled at him and Ironhide nodded and had her shoot the target again. It took several attempts but after some effort she was finally able to get a bullseye and the kickback didn't affect her so badly. Jazz grinned and set Fulton down and clapped.

"Not bad for a first timer Short-Stuff!" He smiled as Fulton waddled over to his sister and Hide took the gun away from her and put it away. Mackie rubbed the back of her neck a little embarrassed and picked up her brother.

"I just hope it's enough to held get my family back," She said seriously and her energy power swirled around her hands and forearms. Fulton made cooes and awed sounds at it and tried to grab it but of course couldn't do so and could only make it trail after his fingers a little. Mackie scowled a little at it and rolled her eyes and Ironhide and Jazz watched it.

"Maybe you should practice getting the light show under control before it hurts someone again," Jazz mumbled and Mackie gave him a confused look.

"Wait.. who'd I hurt?" She asked confused not remembering.

"Nurse Durby?" Jazz reminded and it all came back to Mackie at once and she felt a little bad; she'd barely had these powers for a day or two but had already hurt someone. That electrical-er-energy shield sent that poor lady flying back several feet..

"I.. how? How do I control this I barely know WHAT this is!" Mackie frowned and hung her head. She set Fulton down and the baby just hugged his sister's leg. Mackie sighed and ruffled his red hair as a rescue mission was being prepped to take back the Mackenzies Family. Ratchet had been keeping close tabs on the ship since they rescued Mackie and thank goodness that was the case! It took him merely ten minutes to pinpoint it again and for Prime to prep a ground bridge team. This was to be a stealth mission; get in, get the family, get out. Prime, Ironhide, Jazz, Mirage, and Bee were all ready for the mission. Mackie refused to sit out of this one as well and after some 'convincing', Fulton was to stay with Ratchet and Mackie could go as long as she stayed with Jazz. Ratchet was very against the girl going, as her powers and mental state were unstable but Jazz promised to hold onto her and keep her under control. Plus it may be hard to convince her family to go with them otherwise. A groundbridge was opened and the stealth squad went onto the Nemesis and started to look for the family, avoiding drones. They group got to the brig and offlined the few drones there.