Chapter 1: Summer Beings

(A/n family photos at the end of the chapter!)

It was the first day of summer break and Mackenzie woke up long before the world's most annoying alarm clock went off. She was lying flat on her chest, sprawled out on a green comforter and white bedsheets. She watched the alarm clock for a second before unplugging it right as it started to go off at 8:30 am. "You're not ruining my day today," she smirked as she jumped out of bed. Her bed and the area around it was filled with books, randoms pieces of homework, and music magazines. The bedroom had a bookshelf, a desk and a chair, light grey walls, a red beanbag in the corner, and one window. Mackenzie ran over to her closest and threw off her pj's and pulled on dark blue jeans, a black tank-top, tied a blue and grey plaid button-up long-sleeved shirt around her waist and slipped on converse. Feeling satisfied with the outfit Mackenzie went to the bathroom connected to her room, but it also was connected to her little sister Faith Jessalyn or FJ's room.

Quickly she pulled her long brownish-blonde hair into a braid and put a hair-clip on the side of her head, knowing that those bang of hers were going to come loose sooner rather than later. "Well Mackenzie," she smiled to herself, her forest-green eyes shining brightly"the school's over and summer break starts now!" With that Mackenzie ran out of the bathroom and into FJ's room. FJ's room is bright pink and purple and has stuffed animals everywhere. Mackenzie jumped around the plushies that were scattered on the floor and over to her sister's bed. Her blankets were tie-dyed black, grey and white. FJ's shoulder-length sandy blonde hair covered her face. Mackenzie giggled as she poked her 11-year-old sister's face.

"Oooooh Faaaaiiitthhhh," she teased, "It's summer break now." Faith groaned and rolled over, pulling her blankets over her face. Instantly Mackenzie tore them off her. "COME ON FJ!! LET'S MOVE IT!!" she yelled. FJ sat straight up and frowned at her. "If it's summer break, Mackie, then I have a right to sleep in," mumbled FJ as her four brothers came in. The family child line goes like this: Mackenzie (age 17), Chris (age 15), Micheal (age 14), FJ (age 11), Surrender (age 9), and the baby Fulton (age 1). Then there's mom and dad and they're both in their early to late 40s. Mackenzie lives on the outskirts of Nashville, Tennessee in the USA and she was the only one this morning who looked ready for the day and for good reason. She was getting her first car today and so far nobody seemed to remember that little fact. Mackenzie watch her brothers enter the room, Chris had little red-headed Fulton in his arms and the other boys looked really pissed off and tired.

"Why did you wake up so early Mack, gosh!" frowned Micheal ruffling his long black hair. Mackenzie laughed at his Napoleon Dynamite voice.

"Today marks a new era of freedom and possibilities! For me at least," Mackenzie sang throwing her hands in the air.

"Oh yeah," FJ replied, throwing her feet over the bed," Get Mackie a Car Day!"

"Hell yeah, it is!" Mackie/Mackenzie exclaimed, "I've spent the last 2 years and school semesters slaving day and night to get straight A's and I got jobs, like several of them! It took forever to earn those $8,000 towards my car fund! But now I finally got enough money to buy my own car, the deal was I'd get straight A's and earn $8,000. Mom and dad agreed to pay for gas, insurance, and all the other things if I bought the car."

The boys nodded their heads and made their way out of FJ's room and downstairs. FJ got up and threw on a pink t-shirt, plain jean shorts, and white flip-flops. And Mackie being a goofy but firm big sister she wanted to do her hair, but FJ's hates having her hair done, much less brushed!

"Lemme brush yo hair!" she yelled chasing FJ with the hairbrush.

"No!" she screamed as she ran downstairs. Mackie ran after her, yelling and waving the hairbrush like a Harry Potter wand.