Chapter Twenty-Eight

Picture is Adam
Aaron's Pov

I hold my breath when I saw Amanda's mom talking to the doctor, she looked calm but I knew whatever the doctor was telling her it was hurting her cause she was letting silent tears come out. I wasn't sure if they were from joy or sadness and I was afraid to know too. I wanted Amanda to be okay I wanted to go into her room and give her a giant kiss. After a while of Amanda's mom and the doctor talking, and huge anxiety attacks may I add I saw her coming over to tell us the news the doctor told her.

"She's.." she paused to take a deep breath. I knew it wasn't good news, she would be smiling and hugging us telling us over and over again she was okay but she didn't. "The helmet didn't protect her well," my heart stopped. That was it, Amanda would never know I loved her, I didn't even get to say good bye, for good. "She hit her head near the same stop where she last time hit her head, she thank god didn't cause if she did she would have died instantly, but sense it was near and it did sort of affected the injury, she fell in a coma."

She's alive.

"Doctors don't know until she would wake up, or if she wakes up."

I was sad, no words can describe how sad I was that Amanda almost had a death experience again and it was still not over. I was also happy to know I could go in her room and I would be able to hear her heartbeat. Amanda's mom went into her room, it was one person at a time. The rest of us stayed waiting in the waiting room for her to come out so we could go in, as we were waiting I heard the little ding that a person just opened the door to get into the building. My mom came in and behind it was none other than Adam.

I stayed silent to see him, I haven't sense I was 14. He grew into a muscular man and I'll admit he was attractive and the way John was staring at him he agreed. "Aaron," he said. "Please tell me she's okay."

I knew John knew of Adam, he was Amanda's best friend but he still jumped in to tell him every detail and my mom hearing as well.

I didn't talk once, the room filled with an awkward silence as we waited. Finally we saw Amanda's mom coming out of the room. "So who's next," her quite voice broke the silence. I got up but I didn't notice that so did Adam. "Adam, I think Aaron should go in first," Amanda's mom said, he stayed silent I knew he was mad but he nodded anyways and sat back down.

I took a deep breath and walked over to her room, it was a little open and I slowly pushed it open so I could go in. Amanda laid in the hospital bed, her heart beat filled the room. She looked so peaceful sleeping but I gasped at her face. There was a huge scraped on her face, the ones you got when you were little and fell on the cement. Her lip was broken and purple, that helmet really didn't protect her at all.

"Shit Amanda," I whispered as I walked over to the bed and sat down at the chair and graved her hand. "Is this revenge for me leaving that other time, did you really have to put me through it again," I said. "Couldn't you just slap me and called me names." I looked at her beautiful broken face, and kissed her hand. "Lesson learned, but please baby wake up I learned the pain I know you can wake up now." Silence. "I'm not going anywhere this time."

***

"What happened?"

Adam stared at me, but not in the eye. "I cheated on her," he whispered.

We were at Ronny's, Adam said he wanted to talk and my mom forced me to say yes. I was angry when those words came out of his mouth, I told him the day I left to take care of her not make her fall for him then break her heart. He was so lucky, to have a girl like Amanda and he screwed it up.

"She caught me sleeping with another girl," he continued. "Ever sense all I wanted was to apologize and beg her to forgive me, she doesn't need to take me back hell I don't even deserve her as a friend but I just want forgiveness." He said, maybe his words were supposed to calm my anger down but nope. "And maybe this is a sign, me coming here maybe this is a chance so I can talk to her and I want your help friend."

I snapped. "You want my help? I knew you were an idiot by just cheating on the most amazing girl on earth but you're just plain stupid to think I will help you."

He shook his head, "I know, I'm just desperate. Ever sense we were kids I always had a crush on Amanda but I knew you liked her too and I needed to back off and after the accident you left before she woke up and lost her memory, I wanted to give us a try. But I screwed up so so bad and I have no excuse but I was a horny boy and she wouldn't do anything and I was drunk and I was tired of waiting. "

Now it was my turn to shake my head. "You're right this is your fault and there is no excuse to what you did which is exactly why you don't deserve her forgiveness."

I got up and walked out the diner. He can find his way back home.

------------------------------------------------------

Showty's Note: Well uh.. hello. I'm sorry again but so much has been happening and I just finished exams yesterday and I'm in band and we had two basketball games today and I just got home and I'm injured and tired but my mom is leaving soon and for two weeks I'm gonna be the woman of the house and I couldn't make you guys wait any longer. I missed writing too it relax me and makes me happy that surprisenly many people actually like this story.

So I hope you guys like this chapter and I'll try to write very soon sense Adam is back which by the way how many of you think he is an asshole?

Love y'all

Bye...