Chapter Eight

Before I knew it it was Thursday, I haven't seen Aaron, he's been skipping classes and I've been hanging out more with Cameron. Cameron insisted to help me train for the race so I could win and won't get hurt. He told me he wasn't going to join this year but that Aaron was. Aaron always came in second place, after The Ranger of course, and I always came in after Aaron. So I agreed with Cameron to help me, I need to win first place.

"He's just finding whatever reason to be by you," John replied to when I told him about Cameron helping me.

"No he's not, he's just being a friend," I smiled at him while taking a bite of the pizza we ordered. Thursday night is pizza night.

"I'm your best friend, I can help you."

I laughed at the thought of John helping me, don't get me wrong - I love John but sometimes he's the one who needs help. "John, you're scared to ride a bike, how can you help me win this race?" I asked after swallowing my pizza.

"So?" he mumbled looking down. He looked like a five year old getting yelled at, so sad. "My uncle Joe is very fat and helped his neighbor get fit," he added. "You can always help someone."

"I'm sorry John but I already agreed to get help by Cameron, if only you asked sooner," I told him trying to make him feel better. "Plus, to help me you need to go to he alley and you're to scared."

"I'm not scared!" he defended.

"Sure you aren't," I laughed finishing my pizza.

I couldn't judge him though, if I didn't like riding my bike so much I would be scared too. The alley is a scary place, they turned a rusty old street to make a bar and roads to race and compete. It was dirty and very dangerous. Gangs meet up there, there's always a fight. It's not really an alley but it's just called like that because that street is a secret, a scary secret. A secret that no cop should know about. If they find out everyone who has ever gone there is in deep shit.

***

"The Ranger has always won from 10-15 minutes. So our goal is for you to go around five times in less than 10 minutes." Cameron spoke, he sounded like a coach and right now he was. "I of course will go against you, so you wont go around that easy. Oh and Aaron too."

"Aaron?" I asked looking deep in his brown eyes. It's Friday now and it's the first time we are training, I didn't know Aaron was supposed to be in this too.

"Why you don't want me here?" a voice said behind my back. I quickly turned around to come face-to-face with the guy I've been avoiding.

Think of something to say Amanda, think of something.

"I-It's not that," I stuttered, he raised his eyebrows at me and I realize how it sounded. "I mean you're going to join the race too, I'm just confused on why you're helping me." I added. Well that sounded belivebible.

"Don't think to high on yourself princess, Cameron beg me to come and help you, I don't want to be here." Figures.

I turn to look at Cameron who was glaring at Aaron. I guess because what of Aaron told me.

"Shall we get started?" I asked breaking the ice.

***

"16 minutes," Cameron said smiling at me. I took off my helmet and smiled back. "Aaron can still win you by a few seconds but with more practice I'm sure you can beat The Ranger."

That really meant a lot to me, a friend other than John who believes in me. "I have to go, are we going to meet up again tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yupp, same time." I nodded and he drove away.

"You're good but The Ranger never let's anyone beat him." Aaron voice said behind me. I turned around to lock eyes with him, his face hold no emotion but his eyes had a different story I just couldn't put my mind of what it was.

"Well this year is different, I will beat him," I sounded confident. It surprised me.

"Don't be so full of yourself, even if you win he will get you afterwards," with that said he also left. Leaving me alone to think.

Even if you win he will get you afterwards. And I knew he was right.

*****

Showty's note: OHH Chapter Eight Everyone. I hope no one got confused because it's been so long snese I updated. I hope many of ya'll are still stiking to the story. Thank yu to all because I notice I almost got 700+ reads and I just had to write and plus it's almost 2014 I NEEDED to write.

Happy late holidays. And I will try my very best to update before the year ends. Also if any of you want to help creat a cast just comment of who you think fits the character. If you haven't checked out my other story please do so I'm also working on it at the moment.

Aaron and John are back! Uhh and serious moment with Aaron, and his mood seems to change, any guess why?

Hope you all enjoy.
Bye...