Chapter Nine

John and I tilted our heads at the same time, confused expression written all over our face as we both tried to figure out what was on the screen in front of us.

"What is that?" John asked. The thing moved a little surprising both of us but we still couldn't figure out what it was.

Our eyes suddenly grew wide as we saw the whole figure. "John, turn it off!" I screamed covering my eyes.

"No, you do it!" He yelled back while he also covered his eyes.

"You're the guy!"

"Well you're the girl!"

"John just turn it off!"

"Fine!"

The screen turned black and the living room was now pitch quiet, neither of us said a word.

"This shall never be spoken of again," I suddenly said.

"Agreed," he sighed as he got up and walked over the kitchen, me behind him. He opened the refrigerator and took out a bowl of ice cream and I took out a spoon, just for me. I put the spoon into the ice cream not caring it was frozen and thankfully I got a good full spoon. Before I put the delicious ice cream in my mouth John took it off my hand and put it in his, he only stared at me with that famous smirk of his.

"I'm sorry was that not for me?" He asked innocent, I only glared at him and got another spoon and we ate silently.

"So how's training going?" He suddenly ask.

After Aaron left yesterday before telling me that The Ranger will get me if I winner the race I stayed a little while thinking of what was The Ranger capable of and I realized that he was capable of everything.

"It's okay, I'm a few second behind winning Aaron so if I practice more and make sure my bike is in good shape I can win first place," I replied with a wide smile. "We're going ro practice tonight too."

John nodded but knowing my best friend I knew something was on his mind but I didn't question it.

***

I parked the bike but didn't get off. I looked around the alley and didn't saw any sign of Cameron. The alley was full today like every other Saturday so it made it harder to find Cameron. Finally I spotted a dark haired boy talking in a group of people. I got off my bike and made my way over to them.

I realized that it was the group I was introduced to when I first met Cameron. I poked him and smiled as he turned around.

"Amanda!" He practically yelled with a huge smile. He put an arm around me as he pulled me closer to him. "You remember everyone right?"

"Somewhat," I answered honestly. Everyone chuckled at my response. I notice Aaron wasn't here, maybe he was running late? Or maybe he wasn't going to help out anymore.

As if fate read my mind I saw Aaron come in the group, but not alone. A girl, who looked like a prostitute was clinging at him. I didn't know what was happening as I started feeling weird at the sight of them.

"Are we going to get started?" I finally asked Cameron who still had his arm around me.

"Yeah sure," he answered as he looked over Aaron with a annoyance look on his face. "Are you joining us?" He asked coldly. What was up with him?

Aaron looked over me and back at Cameron then at the arm he had around me. "Yeah," was all he said before taking his arm of the girl.

"But Aaron," the girl whined.

"I'll be back Kate," he said not looking over at her. She gasped and turned red.

"My name is Gloria." She snapped and turned around and walked away. The whole group laughed as they saw Aaron shrug not caring that she just left.

How do you confused Kate and Gloria? I asked myself.

We walked over were our bikes were park and got on and drove to a track.

"Okay," Cameron started. "We're going to have a real race, well you guys while I time you. The goal is for Amanda to win Aaron, Aaron don't go easy on her." He gave Aaron a warning look. Why would Aaron go easy on me?

"Why would I go easy on her?" See?

"Okay," I nod as I rode to the starting line. Soon Aaron was next to me, we both looked at Cameron who was behind the fence with his phone which I'm guessing he was using as the timer.

Behind the fence there was a machine that you used as a bell. Soon the bell went off and Aaron and I drove off.

Aaron was a little ahead of me but I put more speed in my bike making me be at the same level at him.

Come on Amanda.

I silently thought. I put more force and I passed Aaron but not by that much. The whole race went on like that, I passed him then he passed me and it repeated. In the end, he beat me.

"You lost by half a second," Cameron told me when we both reached to him. "Come on let's head over the guys," he said and we drove over to the group.

For half an hour we all talked and laughed, even Aaron. I felt comfortable with them as we talk about past races, who was the best racer and who was the worst.

"What do you like about racing Amanda?" A guy named Mark asked me.

"Is the risk I love about it, the wind in my hair and the feeling of not caring about anything else. Just me and my bike." I answered.

"That was deep," Cameron said putting a hand in his heart and wipe of a non-existing tear. Everyone laughed at his comment and I punched him in the stomach. Everyone laughed even more when they saw how it didn't affect him but my hand. Well everyone but Aaron who just had the same blank look for a couple of minutes.

"Do you think you will win?" Mark asked me again.

"I sure hope so," I smiled.

"You won't," a new voice comment, everyone looked over Aaron. "You are a girl."

"Aaron," Cameron said with a warning tone. He moved his head mentioning to follow him as he walked away from the group. Aaron only sighed before following him not taking a second glance at none of us.

The group was now quiet as we all stared at them now fighting and screaming but you still couldn't hear a word they were saying because of the other people in the alley who were making to much noise.

"They been like that for over a week," a guy named Victor said. I looked over him with a confused look. "They used to be best friends, now they fight and can't have one normal conversation."

I suddenly remembered the way Cameron and Aaron were before I met them. They were like me and John, they did everything together and didn't talk to anyone but themselves. And now they didn't even stand to look at each other. Victor said they been like this for over a week, which got me thinking.

Was it before or after they met me?

****************

Showty's note: I wrote this on my IPod so sorry if there is some problems that I couldn't fix. But I hope you guys liked this chapter.

Also this chapter is dedicated to my best friend Jace -@Horancum- who just started writing her own story called Caspian so if you have a chance please go check that out.

And thanks for 1k reads! I'm so happy this story got that far thought I will get only 100 so tank you all.

See you later.

Bye.