Chapter Thirteen

"Can we bake a cake? Or some cookies? What about a cookie cake?"

John and I were currently sitting in my kitchen trying to figure out what we were going to eat.

"Can't we just go to Ronny's and call it a day?" I asked John who pouted like a five year old.

"But we can't cook in Ronny's?" he whined. "What's the fun of just sitting there and wait for food when we could have fun cooking and eating" he stated cheerfully hoping to change my mind.

"Won't we wait longer while we cook and wait till it's ready?"

John stared at me for a while and sigh. "Let's go to Ronny's," he said walking out the kitchen and leaving me alone.

***

"So I made a decision." John stated. I stared at him waiting for him to go on. "I'm going to your race," he smiled.

I blinked at him once, twice, then tree times. Was he crazy? I mean is he serious right now? I'm not saying I don't want my best friend there and support me but I mean we are talking about the alley here. If anyone finds out about John being gay he will come out hurt. John is strong, and could beat up someone but we're talking about 6 strong men jumping on John. I just don't want him to get hurt.

"Are you sure?" I asked, he knew what will happen if he goes to the alley.

"Yes I'm sure, nothing will happen to me I promise."

I sighed deeply and shook my head and smiled. "Then you better be the most loudest out of all."

"Don't worry it's not like many are going to cheer for you," I gasp and punched him in the arm while he laughed.

"Well if it isen't John and Amanda," me and John looked up to see Cameron and Aaron standing in front of booth, then sat down next to us. Cameron next to me and Aaron next to John. John happiness faded for some reason he was glaring at the two boys. I just stared at them, we've been bumping a lot lately way more than when we didn't talk.

There was an awkward tension at this table and I hated it. I couldn't make eye contact with Aaron and it wasn't like he was trying either. John was glaring at both the guys and Cameron looked confused and uncomfortable.

It was quiet except for the quiet chatters around us, no one has said anything and no one was trying to make things less awkward.

Ever sense Cameron and Aaron came to my life it's been like this. Even when we are all laughing there is still a tension that doesn't let us be comfortable with each other. When I came to this town I was always alone, then came John who made things fun, he always acted like a five year old and I didn't care he was gay, it was John I like. But sense I dumped beer in Cameron's shirt, when he introduced me to his friends I felt out of place. Cameron and Aaron are not as close as they used to be, I'm fading away from John and when I try to spend some time with him something comes up.

Do I regret meeting Cameron and Aaron?

"Here is your hamburger and your Oreo cake," a waitress around my age or maybe older came and serve me and John our food. John smiled at the lady who was eyeing Cameron and Aaron. "And may I take your order?" her voice of tone became flirty.

Me and John looked up from each other, I could tell he wanted to get out of here, and so did I.

"Can you put this to go and bring out check?" John asked the lady who nodded. Before she turned around John told her only for me and him. He made it pretty clear he did not want Cameron and Aaron to follow which for some reason bothered me.

"I think we should leave," I said getting up, and so did John, Cameron and Aaron got up as well making room for us to past. "I'll see you guys later," I smiled only at Cameron because I was not in good terms with Aaron. He wanted me to forget? Then I'll forget.

We payed for our food and took it to the parking lot, I suddenly turn to look at John and smiled. "I want to show you something."

***

"Wow," John gasp at the sight in front of him.

I brought him to the river, I haven't been here sense... well me and Aaron kissed. I smiled that I brought John here with me, it was just the same, except for the bridge that still had broken wood, I guess that haven't been fixed yet.

"I know," I smiled and took of my shoes and sat down dipping my feet in the river, John then did the same taking out the food. His eyes shine when he sat his Oreo cake in his lap and I laughed at how adorable he looked. I guess he got his cookie cake. we ate peacefully as we stared at the birds flying and the clear water. I missed this place to no end.

Me and John talk about everything there was, to how a mama bird chew her food to feed to her babies to John chewing his food to feed to me. I missed these moments with John more than I missed the place, I guess that what happens when you don't spend that much time with your best friend.

"Adam keeps calling," I said to John, his smile faded away and stared at me, he looked angry which scared me.

"Why don't you just change your number?" he asked. I shook my head.

"For him just to find it again?" I asked. "Every time I stare at the text messages he sends me, and when he calls. I can't help but want to answer."

And that did it. John got up and started walking away. He ran his hand through his hair. "Why are you still hung up with this guy? For god sake's Amanda he cheated on you."

"Do you not think I know that?" I got up as well. "I was the one who saw him making out with some other girl, that image plays in my head to this day. I'm the one who feels the heart ache and I don't know how to stop it. And changing my number will not do it."

John just stared at me with a scowl on his face, he looked even more angry now than before. He suddenly walk closer to me. "He doesn't deserve your feelings, your tears, he's not worth it. He lost all of that right, all of your love the minute he looked at another girl. Don't show him that he can do all of that and still have your heart." John graved me by my waist and pulled me closer to him. Then whispered. "Don't let him win."

Then he kissed me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Showty's note: I planned this! So I'm actually happy how it turned out, like a said a few chapters ago the ending is coming sooner than expected and this had to happen at this moment. Yes people who are confused about John being gay and all be patient because next chapter it clears everything!

I felt like there was not much Amanda and John moments so this chapter is pretty short but just of Amanda and John, so yay.

Also people I updated my new story so please check that out, if I get enough reads, comments, and votes I will update chapter 1 but if now I will updated it AFTER I finish with Bad Boys and Bad Girl Completely.

Thank you all, I hope you like this chapter even if I left you with a somewhat cliff hanger and I'll update chapter fourteen when I finish it writing.

Bye...