Chapter Twenty-Seven

Aaron's POV

I hold the timer in my hand and I watched Amanda cross the finish line. I smirked and she looked up at me and I walked to her holding the timer to show her. 

"If you keep this up for sure you will win the race," I smiled and to my surprised she gave me a hug and I froze for a minute not sure what to do then I wrapped my armed around her and hold her tight, scared that if I let her go she would leave forever. She although did pulled away and smiled at me.

"Thank you so much," she smiled and looked behind me and I turned around to see what was she looking at and it was none other than Cameron who walked towards us with a huge grin on his face.

He didn't say anything just wrapped his arms around Amanda and whispered something in her ear. I knew Cameron and I knew he still had feelings for her and wanted her, and nothing more than the thought made me angry. They then pulled away and we stood there silently. Amanda probably feeling more awkward than all of us broke the ice. "Do you think we have time to practice one more time?" She asked looking at both of us. 

Me and Cameron looked at each other then back at her and said no at the same time making her frown in such a cute way I wanted to just kiss her.

Man up Aaron, you might as well wear a dress and play barbie dolls.

"I guess we should head off then," Amanda said getting her on top of her bike and looked between us two. "Are you guys coming?" she asked.

"I am," I told her smiling, wanting to help her prepare for the race.

"I think I'll stay for a while," Cameron said, Amanda nodded and smiled at him and looked at me and we went to get my bike then headed off to the road, her in front of me and me in the back and all I saw the whole way was  the way she rode her bike, she had her helmet on but the way she rode it made me wonder if she already thought she was on the race.

We reached the field shortly after, there was stands of food and police men walking here and there which made me feel more comfortable on Amanda going to race but with the Ranger around you are never a hundred percent sure.

"I'll go sign in," Amanda turned to me and smiled and walked away after I sent her a wave.

I saw the race that was going on right now which was a sports car and after this one finishes its time for Amanda to race which still made me nervous. I turned around waiting for Amanda who I saw talking to what looked like a worker, I chuckled when I realize she got lost and now needed to ask for help. After a short while I saw Amanda coming my way wearing her uniform.

"You look amazing, " I told her which made her blush as I chuckled. "Are you sure you want to go through with this?" I asked her, I wanted her to back out because I just really had a bad feeling about this race, and the things the Ranger is telling her. Why can't she just realize maybe this isn't so safe.

She glared at me deeply. "I am not backing out, everything will be fine."

But I still feel like not everything will.

I sigh as I was ready to argue again but I heard a new voice join the conversation. "Hey guys."

"John," Amanda said smiling and giving him a hug. "Tell Aaron he's over thinking and nothing will happened to me," she continued making me roll my eyes as John shook his head and I knew he also was worried about his best friend safety.

"Are you sure that helmet is safe?" John as her. "It looks so old and huge on you," he continued.

It was when I took a good look of the helmet and also noticed how old it looked and how big it was for her little head. "Amanda, if you crash that thing will not protect you," I said even more worried than I was before. 

"I'll be fine, nothing will happen okay?" Amanda argued. "Nothing is gonna happen," she whispered. Was she trying to make us believe it or herself? 

John gave her a hug and whispered in her ear something and waved at her and me and went to the crowed.

"Amanda," I looked at her, and she looked up annoyed maybe thinking I was going to argue about safety rules once again like I have the whole day. But instead I just graved her chin and softly kiss her lips. "Good luck," I whispered. And in the background cheers went on not because I kissed Amanda but because the race ended and someone won. And now it was Amanda's turn to win.

***

Cameron, John, and I all sat in the front seat of the crowed looking at Amanda in the starting line with The Ranger and other people, the Ranger looked at Amanda and wink at her which earn a glare from me. That disgusting old guy,

I looked at the clock, in ten seconds the race was going to start. 

"I wish Amanda wins, the cake John made looked amazing," Cameron said and I looked over at John who smiled proudly.

"Amanda will win," I said. 

Five seconds.

Amanda looked up scanning the crowed when her eyes landed on us and just gave us a smile. I smiled back knowing the two guys beside me did too. She then got into position and we were in the final three seconds.

Three, 

Two

One,

Go.

I saw Amanda fly off and cheers going wild and she was so close on passing the Ranger and I think he noticed too as he speed up his game as well as Amanda. 

Before we knew it we were on the last lap and The Ranger was still a little ahead of Amanda, Amanda then slowed down which confused me and Cameron but then she speed up even more passing the Ranger making us cheer. So close, she was so close on winning the race.

But everything happened in slow motion but so fast, the Ranger reached into his coat and pulled out a gun and aimed it at Amanda, because she was ahead we couldn't do nothing but yell but he shoot right at her leg making her fall, her helmet fell off as we watched her head bounce once and twice. We yelled and ran to her the medics where already there checking her. Police was holding us back as I heard her name being yelled but I could see nothing more but only see her being lift up.

***

It felt like I was back in Dallas when Amanda got in the crash, her mom crying and my mom comforting her, me standing quietly in the corner, waiting for the doctor. Cameron and John were sitting down also by themselves. 

Amanda was sent to an emergency operation, she had to get the bullet out and have her head check like the nurse told us. Its been over an hour and I was still trying to let what had happened sink into my mind. 

"Aaron," I turned to look at my mom who called me over and I saw Amanda's mom eyes still red and she looked so numb and I knew she was dying inside not knowing what was happening, she didn't want to lose her only family left. "We called Adam, he's on his way here on the plane and I need you to go pick him up."

Anger rush to me as I wanted to do nothing for that guy, but I didn't because I knew it will make a scene and they didn't know why Amanda and him broke up, they thought he was still a good friend of her. If only they knew.

"I'm not leaving until I know Amanda is okay, if you invited him you go get him, I want nothing to do with him."

---------------------------

Showty's note: I am so sorry it took me over a month to update I probably lost so many readers but then again I'm doing this for the fun. December was so busy for me and I was sure I was going to update because of winter break but of course high school have to leave so much homework.  Next  chapter wont be so long so I am planning to update in a few hours or tomorrow.

Merry (late) Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate and I hope you had so much fun and got what you wanted, also happy new years I mean its the first update of 2015!

And guess who comes into the story. Are you guys ready to meet Adam? I am planning to make next chapter once again Aaron's Pov. 

Bye...