fifty-one

Bruce stood there. This was his time to talk about his daughter. He would glance to her lifeless body in the casket before looking down at his paper that didn't even register as words to him. He looks back up and closes his eyes.

So many memories flooded his head from when she kicked his shin within the first ten minutes of bringing her home to when he caught her in his bed with someone else. All the good, the bad, the ugly just going through him like a tornado.

As he slowly opens his eyes he would scan the crowd before saying, "I love my daughter. I never stopped loving her. She was the first biological kid that was mine. When we first met I took her from her aunt. I ripped her from the one piece of family on her mother's side because I was selfish and rich and because I could. I knew I shouldn't have done that and there was this moral compass in me that told me how wrong it was for years.

I can't say I was the best dad because that would be lying. I can't even say I tried because I felt like I never did enough for her. Looking back at what I did I know I could've done something for her. She was a reckless child and I always punished her. I never listened to her and it always made her act out. I pushed her too far to the point where she moved to another state. She openly blamed me for everything and I would deny it. I would drink and tell myself it was her fault. What kind of parent does that? The shame I felt carried on throughout the months she was gone.

When she finally came home again... I wanted to start new. We finally turned over a new lead and she was the daughter I never knew was there. There wasn't a mask with her and she finally felt she could be open with me. Then, he took her. That son of a bitch abused my daughter countless times and I did nothing. It lingered over my head for years for what he's done and I did nothing. I didn't tell my daughter she would be okay and that I would take care of him. Instead I locked him back up in the same place he escapes from. I wished that I would've killed him the day after she left.

I love her. Not loved. I won't ever stop loving my daughter. That isn't something you can give up so easily. When you dance with the life you created at her wedding it makes you feel something. I don't even remember the song because I only focused on the smile on her face. Not an expression that was used with me often and if it was it wasn't genuine. That night I could finally see the real her. How much happiness I truly brought her in that moment. I wish I could've seen that one last time."

Bruce pulls back and goes to sit back down with Selina. He sighs as he grabs her hand, still not shedding a tear. She was a bit concerned but wouldn't tell him anything in that moment.

Taylor would give Alfred the baby as she stood up to give the closing remarks.

"Thank you all for coming tonight. It means a lot to me that you would show up. It shows that Camilla impacted you in a special way. That she touched your heart. She was a vibrant woman. That's what intrigued me about her. How she seemed to be hiding something deep within. It was something I wanted to explore more of.

She talked about her bitch of a father which surprised me considering how she was rich. She told me the truth about life. 'Money doesn't matter in this world. The only value that life depends on should be of heart.' I didn't know what the fuck she was talking about because we were both high as fuck when she said that to me." The crowd laughs softly and so does Taylor. "But for some reason that stuck with me. She showed that fancy living wasn't what it cut out to be. That no matter how much money was in this world, it could never by her happiness.

For our first date she could've easily flaunted her money and had has your some museum at night and have a fancy dinner but instead we went to a drive in. We didn't pay attention to the movie because we were to busy making out. When she drove me home that night we couldn't stop talking. Even being parked outside my house we ended up talking more about whatever. We just didn't want to let each other go. So we didn't. I hadn't let her go since that day. She may not have been perfect but every strong woman has their flaws..I am proud to call Camilla my wife. I loved her with every fiber of my heart and I know she felt the same way. I'll make sure my baby girl knows her mother was a kind hearted woman who impacted everyone she came in contact with. Thank you," Taylor says lastly before stepping away.

Everyone got up to pay their final respects to her body. Even Taylor took Eve to go see her mommy one last time before she would be gone forever. Six feet under and untouchable.

"Say, 'bye mommy,'" Taylor says softly as her voice breaks. Before she knew it a 'bye mommy' was uttered from her daughter's lips. That broke her. She would let out more tears as Alfred had to come in and help her. He held onto her back as he helped get them to the car so they could go back to the mansion.

Bruce stayed behind as everyone else left, even Selina. Her feet were aching and she needed to lay down.

"Keep it quiet. Make sure it's closed tomorrow," he says as he looked at the pastor. He would nod before walking back to his office.