fifteen

"Where are you?" Nightwing asked.

"I'm in pursuit," he said while swinging from one pole to another. He hung up so he could focus on catching him. He wanted him to pay. He wanted him to suffer. He saw something no father should ever see. He was haunted by it. He shouldn't have pursued him. He should have held his baby girl closer to him. Whisper that it will be alright when they both knew he was lying. Instead Nightwing and Red Hood would find her in a pool of blood that was coming out to fast.

"She's lost so much blood," Nightwing said getting to her first.

"Is she naked?" Hood asked. They examined her and saw her bare back and just underwear. Hood was more pissed than he could ever be. He wanted to snap Joker's neck. He has had it with him. "You take care of her," Hood said loading his gun.

"You can't just leave me," Nightwing said in a poolfull of her blood. Alfred is going to have fun taking the stains out. Hood was debating on ripping the Joker's head off and protecting his sister. So he went with the logical option.

"How are we getting her out of her?" Hood asked kneeling down next to her tries to press on her wound to stop the bleeding. Nightwing was scared and wasn't thinking right so he said they need to call and ambulance.

"That is the worst option!" Hood said yelling at him. He had so much pressure riding on his shoulders. He was either getting her safe or loosing her tonight.

"Red we have too," he said. She looked lifeless, dead almost. Hood saw and did what he had to do.

"911 what's your emergency?" the operators voice said. Hood said his location and told them to hurry. When the sirens were in the distance he took off in fear of being arrested.

"What happened?" said a female medic coming in with a stretcher.

"She was cut open on her stomach. A lot of blood loss," Nightwing said. He tried getting in the ambulance but they wouldn't let him.

"Family only." He wanted to say it was his sister but thought against it, in fear of his identity being known. He followed the ambulance closely and right behind him was Red Hood. Batman however was still in pursuit.
~
He wasn't slowing down. If GCPD didn't know he escaped then they did now. They were going 90 on the highway and Joker was pushing it to the limit. They were going into uncharted territory. Batman didn't even know where they were.

"Where is this son of bitch headed to?" Batman mumbled to himself.

"Sir Lady Camilla was checked into a hospital. Or was rather brought to one," Alfred's voice rang out through the batmobile.

"That's good," he said focusing on the road.

"That's all you have to say?" Alfred said in annoyance.

"Well I'm in the middle of trying to catch Joker so sorry my mind isn't with her." Alfred was about to say something until the call disconnected. Batman didn't want to hear it from him. Not right now. "What the hell?" Batman said as he pulled up to Arkham Asylum. "Why?" He got out and saw guards taking Joker in. He ran over and told the guards to leave which they did. Didn't want any trouble with the bat tonight.

"Why are you turning yourself?" Batman asked violently grabbing him.

"I got what I wanted tonight. Your precious angel, hurt. You're slowly going more insane and it's because of yours truly." He started laughing maniacally again. Batman punched him once. Then again and again until he was purple and blue with blood everywhere, just like his daughter.
~
Batman got home and went to bed immediately wanting to forget the night. When he woke in the morning Alfred was banging on the door,

"What?!" he yelled. Alfred opened and rushed in.

"Lady Camilla isn't doing well," he said frantically. That got his attention.

"What do you mean?" Bruce said sitting up.

"Her health is failing and they don't know if she'll make it." Bruce got out of bed and hurried to put his clothes on.

"Dammit, I should have seen her last night. They would've let me in. I'm fucking Batman."

"Sir, you were exhausted after your rendezvous with the Joker. You can't blame yourself for that."

"Cam and I can't end on bad terms. We had a huge fight-"

"I know. I heard."

"Did you just hear or was it-"

"We all heard. There was a good silence that followed that made everyone uncomfortable. So uncomfortable we all went to bed. Todd grabbed a bottle and left and Grayson followed not wanting to go back to that part of the house. No one wanted to get in your way."

"Fuck! This is all my fault!" Bruce said ripping a drawer out and smashing it. Alfred didn't flinch. That wasn't the first outburst he had and it wouldn't be the last.

"I'm going to the hospital," Bruce said putting on his shirt, "Everyone else goes with you. Not even Grayson or Todd are coming with me," he said tying his shoes and walking out. The kids saw him come into the kitchen where he got a mug of coffee and left. It caused Dick and Jason to follow closely behind.

"C'mon, Bruce. Let us come with you."

"I need time alone with her."

"Let us go," Jason said.

"Stay with Alfred."