forty-one

Everyone split up and took different parts of their town. Black Bat was looking at the city from Wayne Enterprises rooftop. She was looking trying to see if something stood out. And something did. Someone was dragging Dick's body along the dock by Gotham Harbor. Black Bat jumped off the building and parachuted down to the ground. She hopped on her bike and rode off. When she got there she was met with Harley Quinn.

"Harley."

"Camilla." She sat there confused.

"Why did you take him?"

"To get to you, of course."

"Why?"

"My puddin has his eyes set on someone who is not me. That doesn't make me happy."

"I don't want him, Harley." Then Ivy emerged behind her.

"That's hard to believe."

"How?

"A man with looks like that can attract any girl." Black Bat rolled her eyes. "Even crazy ones. Isn't that right, Dicky?" Harley swung her bat around and walked to Dick. Dick looked up at her. "Didn't you say she was a psycho? Like me, right?" She was staring down at him, intently. "Right?!" she said angrily. She picked up the bat and swung it at his stomach causing Black Bat to cringe. "Tell her what you told me when we were drowning shots at Hard City." Dick looked at Black Bat and then at the ground. "Tell her!"

"I went on about how crazy you were. How deranged you are."

"What was that one thing you said? The one that stuck out." He looked up to her. He shook his head with tears in his eyes. She raised her bat causing him to shout, "That you don't belong in this family!" Black Bat looked at him with tears in her eyes. Harley walked over to her with her bat swinging.

"Listen here baby batsy if the Joker ever tries anything on you I'm going to re-arrange your face."

"It's not my fault he prefers something new and exciting. I keep him on his toes. What have you done for him?" Harley grabbed her by the throat and threw her down.

"Listen here, bat bitch. I am not taking any shit from someone who was raised with a silver spoon up her ass!" Black Bat headbutted her causing Harley to fall off her. She quickly grabbed Harley by the hair and tilted up towards her.

"I don't want your man. I don't even like men. You need to stop screwing around with me and screw around on him. You need to leave that pathetic creep. You should be having fun Harley. You're young! You shouldn't care about what he thinks!"

"But he's my puddin!"

"He's a bitch! Leave him, Harley. Before you waste away your life." Black Bat let go of Harley's hair and threw her to the ground. "Nice girl talk. Now go take Poison and have some fun." Harley half smiled and ran off the dock with Poison in hand. Black walked over to Dick and leaned down. "So I don't belong?"

"Look I didn't mean it. I was drunk. They were trying to pry information out of me. And they did a hell of a job."

"Why do you hate me?!"

"I don't!"

"Than why are you calling me all those names and saying things about me? I thought we were close!"

"We are. I just found this hatred for you when you left us!"

"I left because Bruce was controlling, He had me on this leash and every time I stepped out of line he would yank it. Those girls at the academy were stuck up bitches who only cared for my name. I had an awful childhood and beyond. The only thing keeping me together is Taylor and Eve."

"Than why did you come back?"

"You practically begged me. You flew down and came into my work. You looked crushed when you saw me. You had bags under your eyes and scruff. You looked like you hadn't slept in the three years I was gone."

"You broke all of our hearts so I just couldn't stand you. I hated you. We all did. You tore the family apart. That's why I said you didn't belong! Because you left! You left all of us as if we didn't matter! You were selfish! You didn't think about any of us! You didn't tell us you had a baby because you never texted and called!"

"That's why you said that?! Because you couldn't stand me?!"

"You were selfish!"

"You're a prick!"

"Okay, I'm sorry."

"You should be."

"So are we good?"

"I think so." Dick smiled at her. He got up but quickly fell down again. "Dick, we need to take you to a hospital."

"No. Bruce can fix me in his cave. I can walk it off." Dick wrapped an arm around Black Bat's neck while she picked him up.

"You are so heavy. What did you eat this morning? And how much did you drink?"