fifty

Stephanie stood up there. She adjusted the mic to her height before starting.

"At one a.m., on a very early Tuesday morning, Cam snuck into my room. She wore a bathing suit and held two towels. I was visibly confused but she didn't have to explain. Camilla was an insomniac. I wasn't. She didn't know that but I told her so she wouldn't be alone. This particular memory stuck out because it was when she told me about her mother. None of us asked about it. But she felt comfortable enough to tell me how she dreamt of going to visit her. We know what that's code for but I didn't say anything. I knew she never would harm herself like that, even though that wasn't true. But it was early in our friendship. Camilla said she had very vivid dreams of seeing her in all white, arms open wide to accept her and right when they would touch," Stephanie snaps into the microphone, "she woke up. She tried her hardest to stay asleep. Wanting to feel her mother's touch one last time. It was a 'reoccurring nightmare' she would say. The fact that something was within arms length but it was ripped away. That's how I feel. I finally understand that pain she went through for months. That feeling she had lingers inside of me now. Wanting to feel the touch one last time before they leave."

Stephanie would fold the paper before going over to her. Slowly she placed a rosary on her, remembering that she wanted to be buried with her mother's most prized possession. Leaning down she gave a small kiss to the forehead before pulling back and going to sit down.

Duke prepared no words since he didn't feel entitled too. He hadn't even known the girl that well; thought it was unfair to write some bullshit story. Damien was far to gone to even say any words. Ever since he first saw the dead body he shut himself out. He didn't even want to come to this but knew he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't.

Drake placed his cards down before realizing he couldn't say anything he wrote. He felt it was disrespectful to her.

"You're probably tired of us by now," he says with a small laugh, trying to not be so serious. "But what we all say we mean. We loved Camilla like she was our own flesh and blood. I loved her so much that I was her sperm donor for her baby. Kind of like a reverse situation in FRIENDS..." he says with a small laugh. "She was a wild girl. One night we were at this rave down underground and I remember looking over to her and seeing how alive she felt. How freeing it all was. She moved like no one was watching, letting her body take over. The glow sticks and UV light illuminated her figure and it was something straight out of a movie. I couldn't believe it... I saw her in a new light that night. When it was over we walked out and there was this feeling in my stomach I couldn't describe. And without even saying a thing to her she leans over and says 'clarity.' We bonded that night at a Waffle House where she ate about three stacks of waffles and some hash browns. That was something I never forgot. I still have a photo of us from it. I wouldn't trade it for anything..." he says.

Jason was the last kid. He would bite the inside of his cheek. He felt the closest to Cam. He would abruptly stand up. He had to stop procrastinating and say it or else he would miss the chance. Everyone was a bit surprised to see that he actually would talk.

"There hasn't been one person who could keep up with my drinking except her. It's not something to be proud of but she always found it funny. She liked when we went out to bars and got into fights with some racist rednecks who would grab her ass. That's how we let out steam... by kicking the shit out of them and beating them to a bloody pulp. It was gruesome but they deserved it. It helped her become a stronger woman. I would kill for her. That's not something you should say lightly but I mean it. She was the sister I've never had, no offense to the other girls but I have a close connection with her." Taking a deep breathe he says, "Camilla was my half-sister."

The crowd audibly gasped and even Bruce's eyes widen a bit before resuming his neural face.

"I don't remember how we got to it but she showed me a photo of her mother and I showed her one of mine and... That's why I've always been so protective of her. How when someone mistreated her I made sure they suffered. My sister was the only family I had left. Now I have a beautiful little niece to look after. I'll make sure she knows how brave her mother was." He nodded before going to sit back down.

"We're going to talk after," Bruce whispered for him before he scoffed.

"In your dreams..." he says as he pulled out his flask, finally giving in and having a sip of what he's been waiting for. He didn't want to be drunk for his speech so he abstained from it for as long as he could.

Selina held onto his hand, squeezing it to tell him it was his turn. He would clench his jaw before shaking his head.

"You need to go up there, now," she says in that scary voice she uses to get her way. He knew not to defy her so reluctantly he would stand up and make his way around to the podium. The two missing girls piled back in and sat down.

"You missed Jason saying Camilla was his half-sister..." Stephanie says softly. Diana shrugged (of course she already knew) but Cassandra was in shock.