seventeen

Sunday. 2:37 am. Cam finally woke up. She saw the dark empty room. No one else with her. She felt the loneliness she never wanted to feel. It was cold. God, it was cold. She was shivering. She looked down. Was she naked? She saw guys all around her laughing. It wasn't multiple guys it was. It was a singular one. Him.

"What's the matter?" he said.

"Get away," she said softly.

"You don't want that," he said inching closer.

"I said get away!" she shouted. She jolted up breathing hard. She had tears streaming down her face. She hugged herself. Crying. She didn't know what else to do. She saw scissors on the side of her bad and found an option. She grabbed them, examining them carefully. She placed them back and erased that thought quickly. She could never.
~
9:38 am. She saw her father at the edge of her bed.

"What lecture are you giving me today?" she said dryly.

"I think I'm all out of them."

"Bruce Wayne got jokes?" Cam said. She tried laughing but ended up coughing. Bruce gave her some water. She smiled and thanked him. "I need to apologize. I feel like I should." She had tears in her eyes and couldn't form words.

"Cam, don't."

"It's true, it's all my fault. How could I be so dumb. God I'm so stupid," she said crying harder. Bruce hated seeing her break.

"Stop it, Cam."

"God I'm fucking stupid," she said to herself but Bruce heard.

"You'll be fine. For now, I'm taking you out of school and putting you into a new one." Cam looked at him and frowned.

"No, you can't do that," she said trying to sit up. Bruce looked at her confused.

"Everyone knows you were raped by a fellow student and were taking part in an affair with a teacher. I am not sending you back there. You're going to Gotham's Girl Academy."

"The all girl school?!" she tried screaming but her voice was very hoarse.

"You need discipline. Where else are you going to get it?"

"You are ruining my senior year," she tried arguing but it was no use.

"You start Wednesday. I gave you a few days to prepare." Cam was mad which was the only emotion she had when talking to her dad. She felt as if he never listened to her and he felt the same way. "Why can't you see I'm helping you?!" he shouted at her.

"You're making me look weak and vulnerable to the rest of my classmates. They're going to bully the hell out of me when they see me in public."

"Do you honestly care what they say about you?" Cam didn't want to respond. There was no right answer to this one. "You're checking out in two hours. Be dressed by then," he said walking out.

It's like all they ever did was fight. Hell, five hours after she was dropped off at Wayne Manor Cam kicked Bruce in the shin for telling her she was staying there forever. It was all they ever did. It was always going back and forth. No middle ground. They never settled their fights, either. It just stayed their sizzling over each argument. Its build up to this year. When she turned 18. It felt different. Bruce wasn't arguing with a child anymore. He was arguing with a woman. She never acted like one but when it came to fighting she was. She was strong and knew how to hold a grudge. No one picked a fight with her because they knew they wouldn't win. Bruce hated that fact and he tried to prove her wrong on multiple occasions. But never won.
~
At 11:30 Alfred picked her up.

"Where's Bruce?" she asked while descending the stairs of the hospital. She was putting her jacket on because Gotham had another rainy day. Some people were taking pictures of Camilla in the lobby and she could see but decided to not say anything.

"Master Wayne thought it would be best for me to come." Cam rolled her eyes at that comment knowing how full of shit that was. When they got outside Cam put her hoodie up.

"Of course, that prick." Alfred stopped dead in his tracks. He turned to her and furrowed his eyebrows.

"What did you call him?"

"A prick?"

"Why?"

"Because I'm so fed up with him." She resumed walking but Alfred grabbed her arm. "What the hell do you want?"

"First of all don't speak to me like that and second treat your elders with respect," he said through gritted teeth.

"Fuck you. Your nothing but the help," she said leaning forward, getting in his face. "Now get your dirty hands off me," she said yanking her arm away. She saw the paparazzi approaching and felt more annoyed.

"Camilla what do you have to say about what your father said?" one reporter said. Cam ignored it but knew she had to give them something.

"Was it true you were with your teacher?"

"Camilla did you get raped?"

"YES! Okay yes I got fucking raped! What else do you want you fucking animals?!" All of the paparazzi stopped. Everyone did. She had more tears in her eyes. So she decided to walk away. Then she picked up speed and ran away.

"Lady Camilla!" Alfred shouted after her. "Camilla!" But she was gone. She was walking the streets of downtown Gotham. The neon lights reflecting off of her face. She saw one bar that looked interesting and didn't card.

"Hard City." She ran across the street and entered the place. All eyes were on her and everyone knew who she was. She sat on a bar stool and slammed a hundred on the counter. The bartender looked at her with a cocked eyebrow.

"ID?" he asked her.

"Really?" she said. She put another hundred down and looked at him. "How bout now?" The bartender looked at her then the money. He took it and lined up 3 shots for her.

"I heard about what happened and I know you're sick and tired of hearing I'm sorry for you and all that shit but I'm just saying don't let that man define you. You're stronger than him in every way." Cam looked at the bartender and smiled for the first time in the last 48 hours.

"That really helps me. Thank you. You see, I'm just trying to find out what I need to do now."

"Do what I do when I'm lost. Go home."