forty-seven

She looked up at him and then the camera.

"They are on their way."

"Who? Your Bat family?! That's right everyone! Bruce Wayne is Batman!" he shouts, laughing maniacally. She has a face of shock and horror. Everyone in that city stopped breathing. "Wayne's adopted kids are all vigilantes that you worship."

Her head hung low, tears streaming down her face. "W-Why...?"

"WHY? BECAUSE YOU LEFT ME! I'M MAKING SURE THAT NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN!" he said before smirking. He made his way towards her, not once breaking his stride. He can't help but have this evil look, not the usual one but something more sinister. The Joker was evil but with Cam he brought out a side that no one has ever seen. A new level of hatred.

He grabbed Cam by the hair, dragging her for the camera to see. He grabs a gun and holds it to her head.

"WHERE'S YOUR FAMILY NOW?! YOU THINK THEY'RE GOING TO SAVE YOU? THEY DON'T CARE FOR YOU LIKE I CAN! SINCE I CAN'T HAVE YOU... NO ONE CAN!" As he shot her the city fell silent. It's like the shot rang throughout everyone. As Batman busted through the door he knew. He could feel like there was only one living soul in the room. He charges for the green-haired animal that took his daughter. Immediately, wrapping a hand around his throat.

"You took everything from me..." he says in a low tone. "Now I take everything from you." With that he snapped his neck. Bruce dropped the Joker's lifeless body onto the floor, looking down upon it. Bruce didn't say anything as he turns to jump out of the window, disappearing.

Everyone stopped. Stopped breathing. Stopped moving.

Red Hood walked over, crouching down to check his pulse. He glanced back to shake his head but instead saw the family crouched down, Cam in their arms. They didn't want to let go. They didn't want to let her go. Their tears streamed before Jason grabbed the camera and hurled it across the room, breaking it. Jason would breathe heavily, trying to calm himself down before going to turn around and see her. Slowly walking over, not wanting to believe it. His arm extended to grab onto her hand, her cold lifeless hand.

The tears were heavy. Some would land onto Cam's face, her eyes still open as the blood would run down the side of her face. Someone had to have a plan. Half of them have been dead and brought back. How is this any different?

But no one moved. They all kept holding onto her, not wanting to let it go.

Across town was Taylor in the bed with their baby. The baby Camilla birthed. She held onto her, trying to not break down. The love of her life is gone.

Alfred came in with some tea and set it aside. Before he could turn around Taylor mustered in a soft voice, "Please...stay..." It was all she could get out. Alfred didn't even think twice before getting in and bringing the girl and her child close.

"W-What do we do with her?" Cassandra asks in a shaky voice.

"What do we do now? Everyone knows about our secret..." Damien says while looking at everyone.

"Fucking Bruce left... God he's such a coward," Jason said while clenching jaw, trying not to break down in front of the family. "How can he fucking leave his daughter?!" he says as he held onto Cam's hand tighter.

Grayson leans in and whispers softly, "I'm sorry I failed you..." he kissed her forehead before letting out more tears. Everyone felt the shame and guilt of not being able to help the one person who was actually Wayne's child.

In a sense they all were but this one had his blood. It was his DNA. The one person who didn't deserve to die was laying across their laps, tears coating her cold skin, lifeless.

"O-Okay we really need to do something..." Cassandra says as she looked at her.

"Like what? Call 911?" Stephanie says as she looked at her.

"Really? That's your plan?"

"Well we cant drag a body on our motorcycles! Only Bruce had a fucking car!"

"Can we not yell across her dead body?"

"Fuck! Is it really going back to when she was gone last time? Because this time she can't fucking come back! She's dead. So I suggest one of us dials 911 and we all leave. They'll call someone to claim her..." Duke finally spoke up after watching this all go down.

"I don't want to leave her..." Cassandra says as she held on.

"Well tough shit! She's fucking dead! You'll have to leave her at some point!"

"Duke, can you town it down. I know you weren't the closest to her so it doesn't give you the right to act like an asshole when she's dead," Jason said as he stood up. "Next words out of your mouth better be 'I'm sorry, Cass,' or were going to have some problems," he says as he clenched his jaw.

"I'm sorry Cass..." he said while looking straight at Jason. "Fuck you," he says before dialing 911.

Everyone gets up and starts to shuffle out. Cassandra gives one last look before taking a piece of her hair, wanting to have it for memory sake.

The cops arrived shortly after, knowing what to expect. The dead body of Camila Wayne and absolutely no one there. Do they take in the family? What evidence did they have to actually prove they were a crime fighting family?

Bruce got the call about his daughter and went to the morgue, alone, to check. He stared down at the face, taking a deep breath before doing a small nod to the coroner. 

"We're all sorry for your loss..." Gordon says after minutes of silence. "We haven't caught the Joker. But my guys found this." He handed Wayne an envelope which labeled 'Bat' on it. He took it, not looking at it.

"What happens to her now?" he asks, ignoring the transaction.

"She'll go to the funeral home of your choice," he says as he hands the paper. Wayne wrote it up, knowing these few days to come would be hell.