fifty-four

The girls were in separate rooms.

You'd think during this time they would be holding on close to each other but after the funeral they parted ways.

You'd see Barbra, laid upright on her bed as the music from her headphones blared. Camilla had made her a playlist a few years ago, something typical that she did for all the girls. Barbara had tears slowly streaming down her face as she clung to every word.

Thinking of the memory when Camilla gave her a makeover for her date with Bobby from third period, junior year. How she was always there for her. How she would always listen to whatever problem that was on her mind. Camilla gave the best advice for her.

Slowly she would turn herself to face into the pillow, back hunched as she squeezed onto the sides. She wanted to scream out about how unfair the world was for taking her one friend.

Instead she pulls back, taking a deep breath. She would lean back and shake her head, feeling herself get lightheaded. Perhaps a water would do.

~

All the while Cass was... well she had a different method.

Music blaring in her Air Pods as she would punch the bag repeatedly. Focused straight forward on her target. She saw the face of the green bastard who took away someone she relied on.

Her knuckles were bleeding, her sweat was dripping down her forehead. The tears started to cloud her vision and before she knew it she gave it one last kick, busting the bag open.

She pulls back and immediately pukes. Dehydration and frustration weren't a good mix. Cassandra would kneel on the ground before turning on her side. She would hold onto her stomach while feeling herself start to cry.

It wasn't something quiet like Barbara's but more of an ugly scream. The pain she was going through was slowly being let out. While the blood from her knuckles poured out she would slowly become silent. Everything she had been holding in was let out. It was gone.

~

Stephanie was looking at herself in the mirror. Seeing the bags under her eyes from the nonstop crying. She couldn't try even if she wanted too.

She looks at herself one last time before turning to go back to her bed. As she grabs the iPad she would look at the countless photos the two girls have together.

It didn't matter that they weren't related because in these photos, they looked more like sisters than siamese twins. They were connected from the first day she got to the manor.

Even after kicking Bruce in the shin, which was coincidentally the moment she knew she was going to be best friends with this girl.

Before she could drop herself she let out a blood curling cry. One that made Drake stop his workout and come running to her. As he opened the door he saw the way she looked on the bed, so broken. So fragile.

He closes the door and would speak up, not wanting to be weird and stay silent.

"You shouldn't be doing this alone..."

"I have no one else, don't you get it? She was the one person I needed. The one person I wanted. And she's fucking dead! And Bruce wouldn't kill that no good son of bitch! Instead he lets him walk free every fucking time! Even after he kills the one person this whole family cared about." He would move to get on the bed, coming to hold her.

It was like the previous night, where it started with the holding before going to the touching and the feeling... But Drake knew that wouldn't happen again. That right now, he needed to be a friend.

He would rub her back, letting her release whatever anger or sadness she had within. The tears would stain his shirt, as if the sweat stains weren't enough. He didn't mind it one bit.

Anything to help her.

~

"This isn't like any other person you killed... This was my daughter. You exposed us all to the world. You're not going back to Arkham. I'm putting you six feet under where you belong. I can't let you get away with this. That was my little girl. And you hurt her for the last time," Bruce says before he shot him.

He saw the Joker's body fall, not feeling any remorse. He never thought he would see this day. Instead of killing him he would always put him back, hopes that the asylum would change him but ultimately knew he was far past saving.

As he looms above the dead body he knew that everyone in the city would have questions so he had to prepare for the many press conferences to come. How he would deny, deny, deny until there was no breath in him. He would never let it slip that he was the one in the bat costume. He wanted that part kept secret.

He looked out at the rooftop, sighing as he saw the city. Still moving. No one knew he was there and what he did. He slowly took in a breath before turning to leave, back to the empty home. Selina has been trying to break through, especially with their baby but saw no result. She was scared he never would, meaning she couldn't marry him.

When he got home he immediately found her and with one look she knew. She quickly walked over and took him in her arms where he finally broke. He let out a cry, something that Bruce would never do. The most cruel cry a man could unleash. Selina just held onto him, stroking his hair.

"It's okay... Let it out..." was what she whispered in his ear as he would cry into her dress. He didn't squish her bump, not wanting to hurt her. Selina felt a few tears starting to drop onto him and felt bad but she couldn't help it. She never expected to see this.