twenty-six

Her eyes started to open. The first thing she heard was one beep after another. She realized it was the heart monitor on her right. A tear slid down her cheek. Cam realized she failed and became more heartbroken but than saw the whole family around. She could already imagine their disappointed and pitiful looks they give her when she does something wrong.

"No," she said with a raspy voice while a tear slid down her cheek. It woke up Dick by her side. He smiled at seeing her eyes open but realized she was crying a little. "No,"  she said a bit louder which caused everyone to start waking up. Bruce saw her and smiled at the fact he didn't loose her. But then he noticed she was not happy, at all. "No!" she practically shouted.

"Cam, what's wrong?" Dick asked. More tears were coming to her eyes and she started to wipe them away.

"Why?!" she screamed looking up.

"Why what?" Jason asked. God, she was crying so hard that at one point no sound came out. She then looked up at the family and screamed,

"Why won't you let me die?!" She looked at her tray and saw a plastic knife. She ripped out the wires attached to her and reached for the knife but Jason saw her see it so he also went for it. Dick also tried to hold her back to refrain her from getting it. Damian shrieked and Tim tried to calm him down.

"Tim take Damian outside, now!" Bruce yelled at the boys. Cam started to wrestle with the boys and had one end of the knife digging into her palms causing some blood to come out. Jason tried to pull it away but he ended up dragging her off the bed causing her to land right on top of him. She still held onto the utensil.

"Dammit Cam!" Jason shouted. "Don't do this," he said with pleading eyes.

"Just let me die!" She screamed back at him.

"Camilla!" Bruce shouted. She slowly turned around and let go of the utensil. A certain kind of hatred fueled her in that moment.

"You are the reason I did this," she said getting off of Jason and getting in Bruce's face. "You never tried helped me after what the Joker did to me." They stared at each other and Bruce finally saw how broken she was. The bag's under her eyes, the scars on her arm. He saw the pain she has felt this whole time in that single moment. He also felt the regret of every decision he made with her.

"Bruce, what the hell happened?!" Dick asked.

"You watched what he did to me! Then you never helped me after. You left me with that memory. I should have left after but my dumb ass decided to stay. Every night I felt fucking worthless and cried in my room. You never helped me and I SUFFERED, BRUCE! I FUCKING SUFFERED WHILE YOU CONTINUED AS IF I WAS FINE! YOU NEVER ONCE TRIED TO HELP ME AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED! YOU WOULDN'T HELP ME SO I DID THE EASIEST THING I COULD HAVE THOUGHT OF! I KNOW YOU NEVER WANTED ME! I WAS A PERFECT STABLE CHILD! AND YOU LIKE KIDS WITH ISSUES SO ME HAVING THIS MEMORY MADE ME MORE OF WHAT YOU WANT! BUT WAS IT WORTH IT, BRUCE?!" Bruce started crying at seeing how broken Cam was. And it was all his fault. Cam turned and saw her brothers looking at her. Damian and Tim had come back in when they heard her screaming at the family.

"I hate to ask but what did the Joker do?" Tim asked. Jason hit him upside the head. "Ow! Don't you want to know?"

"You want to know what the Joker did to me?" she said looking at them. She took off her gown and saw them stare at the cuts along her arms and thighs, the welts on her breasts, and the bruises on her stomach. "The Joker had Bruce trapped and do you know what that son of a bitch did to me? He raped me in front of him. He made me look into the eyes of my father while fucking me. And if I looked away he would whip me. Hard. So hard he even drew blood." She grabbed her gown and put it back on.

"When I get out of here, Bruce," she said getting in his face, "I am leaving. I don't want to see your fucking face again. You lose in the end because you lost me." She went into the bathroom and saw her reflection. God, how pathetic could I get?

"Bruce how could you not tell us?" Dick said when Cam shut the door.

"Do you think it was easy. I didn't know what to say or who to go to after. I felt horrible but I knew whatever I was feeling she felt worse. He taunted me and I couldn't do a damn thing. I watched some of the worst things happen to her and I couldn't help her. I should have helped. I wished I helped." He didn't say another word. He walked out going back to the manor to get out of her face. He knew she meant every word. He knew that he lost one of his kids and in the worst way possible. Not only did he lose a kid but it was his biological daughter. Alfred then decided to step out to call Taylor so she could hear the somewhat good news.

"Hello?" she answered on the first ring.

"Lady Camilla has awaken."

"I'm coming down. And you better let me in or I swear to god-,"

"I'll be waiting downstairs." Taylor hung up and ran out despite her mom screaming at her.
~
Cam came out of the bathroom about 5 minutes later and saw only Jason and Dick.

"Are you okay?" Jason asked.

"Take one look at me and what I said 5 minutes ago and answer that for yourself?" Cam crawled back into the bed.

"I don't understand why you didn't come to us," Dick said.

"Like I could trust you with that. I didn't even tell anyone I got an abortion." Jason and Dick's eyes went wide.

"You what?!" Jason yelled.

"Are you joking?" Dick asked.

"Why would I?"

"How did it happen?"