two

After an hour of Cam crying, the girls trying to clean her, and them talking about getting their story straight for Barbara, it was all finally finished. Camilla was on her bed, curled up in a ball going over the fake story again and again. She wished for it to be true instead of what actually happened.

"Steph and I are going to change but we are coming right back. We're not leaving you," Cassie said interrupting her thoughts. Camilla looked up at her with these big, lifeless, innocent eyes. Cassie felt as if she could break down right there but instead she kissed her forehead and walked out with Steph right behind her.

Cassie looked at herself in the mirror and wanted to puke. That rule should've worked. Why the fuck didn't it work?! she said to herself. She slammed her drawer shut and started to cry. Immediately after she began to wipe her eyes, not wanting to show any sign of weakness.

Stephanie was washing her face when she felt the guilt wash over her. She was looking at herself in the mirror and instead of seeing herself she saw Cam's face staring back. She turned away and walked out of her room the same time Cassandra did. They both looked at each other and went into Cam's room.

"Cam?" Steph asked while she opened the door.

"Just lay with me," the brunette said, her voice breaking. The girls climbed in and cuddled each other. Cam cried into Stephanie's chest and then would switch to Cassie's. No one knew when she feel asleep because it just happened. They all did together. Cam tried forgetting the incident but every now and again the memory swooped into her dreams.

~

In the morning Alfred came in and knocked on the door. He opened and saw all three girls together. He cleared his throat and only got the attention of Cassie. She looked at him and saw how concerned he was.

"We just wanted to have a girl's night." He smiled and closed the door as he walked out. Cassie sat up and tried waking Steph who just only shooed her off. But Cassie didn't allow that. She pushed Steph causing her to fall off the bed. That woke Cam, too.

"Really?!" Steph screamed. She got up and rubbed her head. "Thanks a lot, bitch."

"Alfred came in and none of y'all even heard." Barbara knocked on the door and Cassie opened it.

"Are you going to explain, now?"
~
"Wow," was all Barbra could say. Imagine if she heard the real story, Cam thought as she looked out the window. She turned around to join the conversation.

"I was very freaked out," Cam said.

"I mean I would be, too. My best friend trying to take advantage of me scares me. You're lucky you had Steph and Cassie with you. Especially Cassie, who I'm guessing beat the holy hell out of him by the amount of blood she had on her shirt."

"But, Babs, you can't utter a word to anyone," Cam said while looking into her eyes.

"My lips are sealed," she said. The girls went downstairs and saw the family having breakfast.

"Are you girls okay?" Dick asked when they all entered. "God, did someone die? What's with the long faces?" he asked with this big smile.

"Nothing. Just tired," Cassie said grabbing a plate. She filled some food and gave it to Cam. "You need to eat something. I know some people don't after something like that happens but you need to."

"After something like what happens?" Jason asked. All eyes were on Cassie and Cam.

"Nothing," the girls said in unison.

"That wasn't suspicious at all." Dick shrugged and went back to eating his cereal. Bruce walked in and saw the girls.

"Cassie do you know a Derek Howard?" Bruce asked turning toward them. "His parents are doctors."

"Why?" she asked scooping strawberries onto her plate.

"He's been hospitalized because someone beat him at a party last night. He goes to your school and I believe you went to a party last night. Didn't you?"

"Okay we did go to that party but we know nothing about Derek. He's just some high school jock that's a douchebag." The girls snickered but Cam saw Bruce was clearly disappointed.

"I don't recall you asking to go to a party last night. Especially since I went on patrol." The girls froze.

"Would you have let us go?" Cam asked.

"No-"

"Then that's why. We can handle ourselves, Bruce. We're 18."

"Please, ask me next time." The girls muttered an okay and sat down at the table. They all looked around and saw for the first time, in god knows how many months, they were together. It was a weird feeling with everyone being in the same place at the same time.

"How bout we go to the mall?" Cam asked. Everyone looked at her. They all shrugged.
~
Going to the mall was a hard thing. There are exactly 8 Wayne kids and Bruce. Alfred offered to stay home because he liked having a quiet house and didn't want to have to manage 8 kids. Handling it was hard.

"Do have to set ground rules or-"

"Bruce, we're not kids," Jason said. They all went off in their different directions. The girls stuck together and went into different stores picking out new clothes. They were also on the hunt for a new dress since Bruce was hosting a Gala on Friday. But when they passed the tattoo shop Cam's eyes lit up.

"Let's get matching tattoos," Cam said. They all looked at each other and were scared.

"Cam, that's a bad idea," Cassie said but she was gone and already at the front desk.

"What can I do for you?" the man behind the counter asked. He eyed Cam and instantly recognized she was Bruce Wayne's daughter. His eyes grew wide causing Cam to laugh. She eyed the board more before settling on a simple tattoo.

"I would like that one."