Chapter 42: Galaxy Cauldron

Mizuki woke the next morning confused by her surroundings, but once she saw Usagi sleeping next to her she relaxed. Sitting up she stretched her arms and yawned, it was about seven o'clock in the morning so Mizuki went to the bathroom to shower and get dressed. Even after doing all this Usagi was still fast asleep, with a smile Mizuki gave Usagi a small shake to wake her up. However Usagi simple mumbled in her sleep and turned over, with a sigh Mizuki turned to Luna.

"Luna." Mizuki spoke softly. "Luna wake up."

Luna stretched out her paws and then looked at Mizuki with sleepy eyes.

"Everything ok Mizuki?" She asked sleepily glancing over at Zeke who was still asleep.

"Tell Usagi thank you for everything, but it's time for me to finish this." Mizuki said with a sad smile.

"What?" Luna asked standing up. "What are you planning Mizuki?"

"I can't tell you that, but promise me that you'll get Zeke back to the future. He only came here because of me, and tell Usagi and Seiya that I'm glad I was able to meet them." Mizuki said and then picked up her brooch.

Luna called after Mizuki but she ran, summoning her scouts she met them at the park. Each of them had confused looks on their faces as Mizuki looked at them, holding her brooch tightly she sighed.

"We need to end this, I'm not going to ask you to fight with me but I'll also not stop you. The choice is up to you." Mizuki said with a small smile. "However I don't intend to come out of this alive."

"Mizuki!" Hestia yelled grabbing her shoulders. "What do you mean you won't come out of this alive?!"

"If using the full power of the silver crystal is what I need to do, then I'll gladly do it. Especially if it means protecting all of you." Mizuki replied with tears stinging her eyes.

Back at the Tsukino residence Luna was pawing at Usagi to wake her up, after several attempts Usagi woke up to see the panicked face of her cat companion.

"Luna? What's wrong?" Usagi asked sleepily.

"It's Mizuki, she's gone after Galaxia!" Luna cried.

"What?!" Usagi yelled now fully awake.

"Usagi, is something wrong?" Ikuko asked opening Usagi's bedroom door.

"Oh um yeah, just had a message about a three lights concert." Usagi said with a happy smile.

With a sigh and a shake of her head Ikuko left the room, Usagi then turned to Zeke who was hanging his head.

"Did you know anything about this Zeke?" Usagi asked him as she dressed.

"No, Mizu tells me everything. But this time she left me alone..." Zeke said his ears turned down in sadness.

Once everyone had made their way to Ginga Studios Mizuki and her scouts marched forward, each of them radiating power as they walked through the gateway into Galaxia's inner sanctum. Galaxia her self sat on a throne glaring at Mizuki as she and her scouts marched forward.

"Well if it isn't the little moon princess. A little birdy told me that you're a good friend of my pal Chaos, and that your one of the people who possesses a true star seed." Galaxia said with a smirk on her face. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"We're here to stop you Galaxia, you and Chaos." Mizuki said summoning her moon rod.

"Cute, cute that you think you can stop me. Don't you think she's a darling Chaos?" Galaxia said as Chaos walked from behind her throne.

Mizuki's breath caught in her throat as she looked at Chaos, he looked much younger than the version of him she had seen in the future.

"She's always been a sap, never much fight in her." Chaos said his eyes hard.