Chapter 1: The Future Changes.

Usagi looked out as the Starlights were preparing to leave with their princess, her heart was breaking watching the three people who had made the past couple of months without Mamoru bearable. Her cerulean blue eyes were fixed on a dark haired starlight in particular, someone who without her realising had stolen her heart. Tears began to fall down her cheeks as they readied themselves she couldn't hold it in anymore.

"I don't want you to leave!" She cried out.

The three starlights looked in awe at the blonde, they had come to love the quirky, clumsy girl the past couple of months. And despite what Taiki and Yaten had done, they couldn't stop Seiya falling in love with the Moon Princess. They knew that Usagi loved Mamoru and that they had a powerful bond that spread through time, but they also felt in their hearts that she was falling for Seiya and vice versa.

"Usako..." Mamoru said placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want you to leave! You've helped us, no you've helped me! In more ways than one..." She said trailing off as her eyes lowered themselves to her hand.

Looking at her small delicate white hands Mamoru noticed the ring that he gave her the day he left, the love that the ring symbolised was different then as it is now. Running a hand through his coal black hair he sighed, as much as he loved his Usako he knew what had happened when he wasn't there. He stepped forward and looked at the four who all looked not only tired but also unsure, unsure of what he didn't know but they all looked unsure.

"Please, we ask that you stay one more day. To rest before your long journey back, I would be happy to give you the funds for a hotel." He says pulling out his wallet.

"That wont be needed, I'm sure we can take our princess back to our apartment. We will leave first thing in the morning, if that is ok with you princess?" Taiki asks looking at the crimson haired princess.

Princess Kakyuu noted her head silently, and Usagi noticed there were small tears in her eyes. She would have thought the princess would have declined the offer, but the princess looked like she was devastated by the offer. After Usagi watched the starlights walk off she turned back to Mamoru, he reached his hand to her face to wipe the tears from her porcelain skin. Taking her small hand in his Mamoru lead the girl to the apartment that they had shared so many happy times together, walking in he closed the door behind the blonde then got straight to the point.

"You love him don't you." He asked not looking at Usagi.

"Wh-what?" She stuttered trying to hide her true emotions.

"Usako, don't lie to me. I know that you're feelings for him have developed while I was gone." Turning to face Usagi he held her hand that bore a ring in his. "I know things have been going downhill for us for a while, and I understand that we have the future to think about. But I would hate to stop you from being happy, so please don't lie to me. You owe me that."

Usagi looked into the blue eyes that she'd lost her self in countless times, when she was lost or scared being lost in those eyes made her forget. Made everything seem ok, but now she found they were filled with sympathy and also filled with memories. Tears began to fill her own blue eyes as she whispered the words she never thought she would.

"Yes, I do love him." She whispered sniffing. "I tried to stop the feelings, I tried to make my self stay in love with you. But with Seiya..." She stopped thinking of the fun times the two had had together.

With Mamoru she knew what was going to happen before it even happened, it was so predictable that sometimes she was bored and was glad when her friends asked her to go out to a cafe or even when she was in school with them. She knew that the feelings they shared were able to withstand the test of time, but she also knew that they would be unchanging. When she was with Seiya however it was like playing with fire, so many times they had come close to loosing themselves with each other but either the outer Senshi or the Starlights had stopped them. And not only was the feeling she had with Seiya like nothing she had ever felt before, it felt warm and comforting. Something that she had lost while being with Mamoru. But guilt was another thing that had stopped Usagi from admitting her feelings, Crystal Tokyo relied on the marriage and joining of her and Mamoru. Another thought that was eating her alive was that if they never got married then Chibi-Usa would never be born, and Usagi couldn't bare the thought of never seeing the lively pink haired child again.