Chapter 19: Silver Millennium

Mizuki landed on the soft surface of the Moon, it was bare but it felt very familiar. Letting Zeke down Mizuki began to walk, the gravity here was not as strong as on the other planets so as Mizuki walked it was more like gliding than walking. But then she saw it. A magnificent palace shining in the sunlight, even though the sky was still black. The earth was shining in the background almost like it was the Moon's moon, Mizuki's eyes filled with tears as she looked at the home where her mother and her aunts had lived for many years. Turrets lined the palace and it was made from a stone that was as pure as moonlight, almost like marble but a lot cleaner and without the grey patches. There was a bridge that lead to the centre of the palace, and there were large pillars made from crystal that offered a brilliant glow illuminating the water under the bridge. Looking over the side Mizuki saw that the water that flowed under the bridge was as clear as glass, and there were only soft ripples caused by small fish that made Mizuki believe it wasn't glass.

"Oh my...." Mizuki said sighing happily as she admired the exterior of the palace.

"Its beautiful..." Zeke said smiling brightly.

"Lets go inside!" Mizuki cried cheerfully, she began to quicken her pace as she walked into the palace. The interior was just as beautiful as the exterior, everything was clean and there were pictures of Earth lining the halls. Almost like they were windows to Earth, offering the people on the moon a glimpse of the planet below. As Mizuki was walking along she saw someone, it was a beautiful woman with silvery white hair and it was styled in two round Odango shapes with the rest of her hair flowing down her back in silky ribbons.

"Who are you?" Mizuki called out feeling a little nervous, but braver since she set out on her journey.

The woman turned around and gazed at Mizuki with bright blue eyes, she had a small tiara on her head and in the centre of her forehead was a golden crescent moon. She smiled gracefully at Mizuki, and then began to walk forward with her gown flowing behind her. Mizuki also noticed on her feet were golden heels which looked to be uncomfortable, but she walked like she was walking in the most comfortable shoes ever.

"My dear, are you Mizuki?" She asked looking at the girl in question.

"Yes, thats my name. How do you know it?" Mizuki asked feeling Zeke lean against her leg.

"My dear one, my name is Queen Serenity." She said placing a small delicate hand on Mizuki's cheek.

"You mean....your my...." Mizuki said in awe.

"Yes, I am your grandmother. Although I am not alive right now, but here on Silver Millennium I am able to roam as a spirit. Although I can still touch things like this." She said and tapped Mizuki's nose causing a small giggle to rise in Mizuki's throat. "You don't know how long I've waited for you to come here, your mother has been so worried about you. Tell me, why did you run away?" Queen Serenity asked as the two began to walk through the palace.

"Well, its a little complicated. But I want to ask something of you first Grandmother." Mizuki asked liking how the word sounded from her lips.

"Yes?" She asked looking deep into Mizuki's rich cerulean blue eyes.

"Please don't tell my mother that you've spoken to me, I've had to lie to her scouts and I need to finish what I started on Kinmoku where my father is from." Mizuki asked pleading with the old queen.

"Very well, now why don't we sit in the gardens and you can explain to me why you left home." Serenity said and the pair walked to a large garden, towards the middle of the garden was a gazebo which was surrounded by white roses.

So the pair sat down and Mizuki explained everything, it felt like a huge weight had been lifted from her shoulders. Queen Serenity didn't interrupt but simply sat and listened to what her granddaughter had to say, she stroked Zeke while Mizuki spoke remembering the times she would do this with Luna and Artemis. Once Mizuki had finished speaking she sighed happily.