Tug of War

Being Crazy In Love

Ch-8

Fir bhi Chandni raaton mein,
hai ek sawaal jo jaagta hai,
hai itna galat yeh sab toh,
yaar sahi kyu lagta hai.
Mujhe pata hai waqt galat hai,
mujhe pata hai galat galat hain,
mujhe pata hai ishq ke toofan,
jaise yeh jazbaat galat hain.
(Abir Rajwansh)

Both Kaushal and kunal were astounded on hearing him.
Sorry mamaji
"SURBHI.. " Kaushal closed the door of the room so that noone could hear them. " Abir sit . You know what you are saying."
"Yes ".
" You mean daughter of...urghh...You know what you are saying or are you out of your senses.Kam se kam tumhe itna toh maloom hona chahiye ki tumhari maa Surbhi Ko kabhi nahi accept karegi . Kuch apni maa ka bhi socho ," Kaushal yelled, "Abir , forget Surbhi. She can never be our daughter in law..never means never ever..hahh".
"Mamaji, please don't make it difficult for me. I am only trying to collect the scattered pieces of my life.  Surbhi has endured a lot. People's taunts, their filthy eyes, kitni baar maine usse chhup chhup ke rote dekha hai.I always had my family  with me in every happiness and sorrow
but she had nobody with her ever. Nobody stood for her. Surabhi supported me at that time, now it is my turn."
"Beta Surbhi is a nice girl, par tum apni maa ko kaise manaoge aur phir log kya kahenge balki aur baatein banayenge." Kaushal said as he was concerned about Abir now.
Huh, he's feeling bad for that girl...not fair my son.
Why suddenly Abir took Surbhi's name? Abir gave her job in his Chicago branch. Is something already going between these two?
"Do you and Surbhi love each other?" Kaushal wanted a clarification.
"No...We don't. But I think she now needs somebody's support and also I guess, she also have this idea that no one will ever marry her...jo kuch bhi woh sah rahi hai sab meri wajah se" Abir said .He was feeling guilty.
"And are you sure she will accept your marriage proposal? Will you be happy after marrying her? "
"yaa" He replied confidently " we both understand eachother . But this marriage will be nothing more than a compromise and after marriage I will go back to Chicago with her," he told his plan to Kaushal.
"Compromise ? Do you understand the concept of marriage? A marriage can never be successful by making the compromises base. Abir marriage is not a business deal or a contract which will be of a specific time period or you will dissolve it according to your wish .In a marriage, two people make their relationship public and official so that they can take it to the next level. It's easy to get into a relationship but it's difficult to come out of it, our traditions don't give us that liberty ." although Kaushal knew it's of no use now but he tried to explain.
"Marriage is bit of compromise and sacrifice and a marriage that's not based on trust and truth can't be successful ...at least I and Surbhi both know about each other's past and let's forget about the next level because that's never going to happen ,we both can't risk bringing a child into this world," Abir's voice was firm . Either he was not ready to hear Kaushal , he completely ignored Kaushal's advice.
Kaushal was in dilemma.He didn't know what to do. On the other hand Abir was looking darker than the greyish walls of his room.
...my son...but Surbhi!!
Disheartened Kaushal came out of the room. He knew Abir was right to some extent.
"Bhai ,Surbhi aapki sabse achhi friend hai lekin friend aur lover mein difference hota hai."
"Maybe you are right but let me try ,"Abir smirked. It was certainly unbelievable for Kunal.
"Oh don't tell me you are trying, bhai shadi koi bachhon ka khel nahi hai...Why don't you understand? You and Surbhi would be preoccupied with deficiencies, insecurities and negative feelings throughout ," it was so difficult to digest what Abir was saying. Kunal never expected this from his elder brother.
"And what about Mishti...if she has started loving you"
"Mishti's innocence attracted me first. You know she is clean like a white pearl , clear like a crystal. She look cool and beautiful like moon, even a brute like me gave a thought of her dignity... then how could i...never," it was the first time Abir thought about her or about a girl  and her dignity.
"Mishti is an innocent but a smart girl , cute and stuff, a perfect girl, she is different from other girls, she is not a sweeta like all the other girls I have dated,...She deserves a better man in her life. She will handle this situation and will move on."
"And you"
"Kunal, past only has memories," Abir said  ," I have beautiful memories of her"
Abir was feeling sad and was disappointed. That sad feeling is called heartbreak, even though his heart wasn't really breaking into pieces. This time was different Abir was weaker, vulnerable. Don't know whether he was aware of the fact that he had fallen deeply in a very intense girl.

Kunal's thoughts

Accept your feelings for Mishti. Bhai, I know you better,  you will never able to come out of her memories. Mishti is the perfect match for you and whether you accept it or not but you are in love with Mishti and that's the reason you didn't crossed your limits ...otherwise a guy like you can never leave such a chance.

"Abir maana kya Kaushal?" Meenakshi came running to Kaushal. She wanted to know Abir's final decision
"Nahi , asal mein Abir want to marry Surbhi,"
"What???pagal toh nahi hogaya hai Abir...woh aisi baat bhi kaise keh sakta hai."Meenakshi said angrily
"Apna mann pakka kariye...hona wohi hai jo Abir chahta hai, usse baat karne ka koi faayeda nahi hai. Ab yeh socho Vishambhar ji se kya kahenge."
Suddenly Kunal entered the room" maa, mamaji mujhe kuch kehna hai...plz naraaz mat hona"

I will never meet Mishti again; I can't do this with her. I need to protect her from me.

Next Morning

Maheshwari House

Phone rang. "Ohho...Namaste Meenakshiji," excited Vishambhar said. But got twitched the moment Meenakshi told him about Abir's refusal on marriage proposal. It was not at all easy for Meenakshi to tell Vishambhar about this, she herself was sorry for all this mess.
Kaushal took phone from Meenakshi and said "Bhaisahab, kya hum aapse mil sakte hain"
"Ab bhi kuch bacha hai kehne ke liye" Vishambhar said arrogantly.
"Kuch zaroori baat karni thi"
"Theek hai,aaj sham ko aap ghar aa sakte hain."
"Ji "
Vishambhar put down the receiver.
"Kya hua...kya kaha Meenakshi ji ne ,"Rajshri asked looking at Vishambhar who looked shocked and furious.
Vishambhar told everything to Rajshri and Kuhu.
"Kya keh rahe hain aap...woh log aisa kaise kar sakte hain.. marriage proposal wohi to le kar aaye the ab mana kaise kar sakte hain...why. Rajwansh khud Ko samajhte kya hain ,"Rajshri also got furious .After all, this was the question of her child's life.
 "Maa , maine pehle kuch iss rishtey ke baare mein nahi kaha but Abir has never been in my good books.I thank God for saving Mishti from that cheap guy," Kuhu thanked God casting a glance upwards .
"Lekin ab logon ko kya kahenge " Rajshri got nervous.
"I know maa the Indian society will have their own set of questions and accusations. But it's about our child's life. You need not to answer them. Stay happy that will shut them up!" Kuhu replied and calmed her mother.
She and Rajshri went inside the room.
Mishti was also there, she heard everything. This refusal gave her biggest shock of life .She didn't know how to react. This was unexpected for her.She felt like somebody had pulled the rug from under her feet. Her heart broke into n number of pieces, whose voice she could not hear. She was hurt , she wanted to cry aloud but not in front of her family . The refusal of Abir was more deadly than a breakup.There was darkness before her eyes. She could not understand anything. She wanted to ask Abir why he did so with her. Why ?? She was feeling guilty for hiding about her and Abir from her parents . But ... Its completely his choice. How can i compel him to marry me. He said he wanted me then why he refused to marry. ...nóoooo....Why am I still thinking about him? No that's not his fault...I m not in love. How can I fall in love with someone who is not ready to hold me. She tried to convince herself but all in vain.
Mishti was shocked, angry ,sad it's so hell like pain.
If I can't love you then why is it so difficult for me to hate you even.

Hi friends. So here's the 8th installment of my SS. Hope you like it. Pls read , vote for me. Silent readers plz plz vote for me. Waiting for your valuable comments. ( Plz ignore grammatical mistakes)
Lots of love.💜💜
Stay home stay safe.