TRYING

Note : In continuation with Chapter 16

                         CHAPTER 18

He smashed his phone because he didn't wanted to see Mishti's face any more. Not just on his mobile but also not in his life. He literally wanted to move on .

This night is cold in the kingdom

I can feel you fade away

From the kitchen to the bathroom sink and

Your steps keep me awake

Abir came out of his office. He started the car  and stopped near Mishti's house.
Abir had been seeing Mishti in secret every day.

After half an hour or so , he saw a car coming towards Mishti 's house which stopped at the parking lot of her house.
He saw Kunal coming out from driver's seat. He saw him going towards the passenger seat for opening the door and saw Mishti coming out of the car .

All of the sudden Abir felt a pain in his heart when he saw Mishti was talking to Kunal. She was smiling , laughing ,it seemed like she had completely forgotten him or as if he never existed in her life. He took a hesitant step back, he simply remained there, making no further movement.

Don't cut me down, throw me out, leave me here to waste

I once was a man with dignity and grace

Now I'm slippin' through the cracks of your cold embrace

So please, please

Jealousy took over .Abir couldn't take that anymore. Mishti was his. He took the reverse gear and went away from thereas the sight was unbearable for him.

Due to the screech of a car, Mishti's attention got diverted towards the car and she felt someone glaring at them.  A.B.I.R.  She froze. The voice did not startle her, but it made her stop all the same...

" you okay " Kunal noticed the changed expressions of Mishti.
She averted her eyes, and managed a faint smile and responded with words that were spoken with only a bit of a tremble, "... nothing..."

How much Abir wanted to proceed in his life, but he was failing pitifully . Those moments spent with Mishti used to tease him and they haunt him. He wanted Mishti back in his life. His condition was pathetic.  Abir was not able to come out of those warm kisses, first embrace, heated break ups. How Mishti used to feel dizzy after kiss every time.
"I miss you"

Could you find a way to let me down slowly?

A little sympathy, I hope you can show me

If you wanna go then I'll be so lonely

If you're leavin', baby, let me down slowly

Let me down, down, let me down, down, let me down

*********************************

Mishti grabbed her clutch and phone before coming out of her house and walked towards the black Mercedes. She was wearing navy blue colored spaghetti and shrug of white color over it and a cobalt colored knee length pencil skirt.
She soon approached the car , opened the passenger seat door and got into the car.
"Hey"  Putting on the seatbelt, Mishti  looked at the male , giving him a small smile,she replied to him.
"Hi Kunal"
" you are looking beautiful today " Kunal gave her a compliment.
She smiled again "chalein"
"ohh yaah" he started the engine of the car.
"Mishti , I have just received a call from office so we will have to go to the office first.."

Mishti did not reply. Kunal shifted his focus from the road and looked towards him. She was looking outside the window.

Mishti's Thoughts

In the life of an average looking teenager like me, he came as a ruckus. I got into the depths of his eyes in such a way that I forgot to swim, I drowned. I was nobody to ignore his personality which had traits of attracting others that too so easily and effortlessly.

Maybe she was optimistic, but naive, teenager.

I can't get over his heated glares . Today I am in such a condition that I cannot think of anything beyond him. I know now i should refrain myself from thinking about him but every time whenever I try to think about Kunal, my heart  deceive me and I fall for Abir even more deeply than before.

Cold skin, drag my feet on the tile

As I'm walking down the corridor

And I know we haven't talked in a while

So I'm looking for an open door

Me getting married ? To Kunal ? haah? Haan...
It was true but it seemed like a nightmare to her. She used to try everyday to accept it but there was someone who was not allowing her to move forward.  ABIR...

******************"*""********

"earth to Mishti " Kunal snapped his fingers in front of Mishti .
"huh?" she spoke as if someone had woken her up from a deep slumber
and turned her view to Kunal.
"I m saying something"
"I am all ears" she furrowed her eyebrows
"what are you thinking about"
"ahh nothing...just" she shrugged , again turned her face and started looking out of the window.
"thinking of bhai " he asked out of blue
She got startled with his question , not knowing what to respond.
"no...why would I " she exclaimed. flustered. Somewhere she knew she was caught.
"You know you look cute when you lie " he said with a smile swimming on his lips. It seemed as if he could read her face.
, as if he could see the conflict going on in her mind.
"Why ... can't I think of him?"  she asked sheepishly.
"do you mind?"
Keeping his focus again on the road , he nodded " mmhm no...not at all . I know he lives rent free in your heart and mind" he said without any hesitation.

Whereas beads of sweat were formed on her forehead. Kunal took out few tissues from the tissue box kept on the dashboard and gave them to Mishti and gestured to wipe her sweat. He caressed her hair softly . This conversation made her confused. She could not understand what Kunal wanted after all. Why he was talking to her about Abir?
My life sucks...

And I can't stop myself from fallin' (down) down

Could you find a way to let me down slowly?

A little sympathy, I hope you can show me

"Mishti  I have some important work in the office. You will have to sit in the office for a while " he said while applying brakes of the car.

The one I'm running from
is standing beside me

Its a small chapter I know. I will try to write a lengthy part next time.
I request all silent readers to please like the story.
Thanks everyone for reading it . Thanks 💜