Flashback

Ch 20

Jaane naa kahan wo duniya hai,
Jaane naa wo hai bhi ya nahi,
Jahan meri zindagi mujhse,
Itni khafa nahi..

Her heart beat was going crazy with each step that she was closing between her and the door.

Memories of that night when they were in the car flashed before her eyes.All the memories of that night were still fresh in her mind. How could she forget that night. That night when she was ready to risk herself and wanted Abir forever for herself. It was a night to remember. But after that...what she was told to do was irrelevant now. She knew that she could stay away from Abir atleast she was trying to distract herself but separating herself from him completely was near to impossible. That was not in her hands.

Flashback ( continuation of Ch COMES THE NIGHT )

"Hello Sir ,I am calling from your Chicago branch" man replied from other side.
Due to disturbance in mobile signal ,Abir came out of the car.
"Sorry, where are you calling from?" Abir asked as the voice was not audible.
"Sir from your Chicago branch" person repeated.
" tell me ...any problem?" he asked  quickly
"Sir, Surbhi ma'am has met an accident and she's hospitalized but nothing serious"

Without wasting anytime , Abir called his secretary and asked her to book a flight ticket to Chicago.
When the conversation ended ,Abir sat on the driver seat, trying to decide how to face Mishti.

"Kya hua? Wahaan kyun baith gaye? I am waiting" Mishti said playfully.
"Mishti come here and sit next to me" said Abir.
Confused Mishti sat next to him.

"Abir kiska call tha?" Mishti asked out of curiosity .

"MishtiIamgoingtoChicagotonightfor fewdays" he completed the sentence finally with great difficulty.

"Whaat ? Come back again"she asked seeing tension on his face.
"It's urgent ... I.I have t..to go to Chi..chi... Chicago" he stuttered

"Anything related to Surbhi" Mishti asked .She tried to dig the details.
"don't misunderstand me...by the way you guessed it right" Mishti rolled her eyes
"I don't necessarily "need" to know everything " Mishti stated

"Mishti , Surbhi needs me"
Mishti's heart broke again.

" you know how much you mean to me you're my treasure... "

Treasure?

She loved being called his treasure, as to hear it fall from his petal soft lips made her fall for him .

"then what about us...me?"

"nothing"

Now all of the sudden his words
like poison dripping from his mouth. Poison and lies that take shape in the form of words.

"Abir how many times will you break me ?"

"You once asked me what is friendship" he paused "Mishti... friendship is forever "

"and love?"

Love never dies

"Mishti… I want you to forget all of this. The chance to be my queen has passed… but I want you… to be happy…. take care of my brother. Consider that my… final request…."
Abir came closer to her and fixed the zipper .

" Mishti don't forget the deal ' he reminded her
"What deal without deed" Mishti replied sharply

"Mishti I am not the right person for you.I will wreck you and leave you . "

" If I say I don't care about what you are, I don't care what you did with other flings of yours , I don't care if people call you a monster because you are not a monster for me , as long as you are with me I don't care about any of it. I loved you , I love you and will love you till my last breath"

Saasein kho gayi hai kiski aahon mein,
Mein kho gayi hu jaane kiski baahon mein,
Manzilon se raahein doodhti chali,
Kho gayi hai manzil kahin rahon mein..

"Mishti you don't know but you are not ready ...I- I am also not ready...I want you as much as you want me but I..I.. don't know something is stopping me ...how ...I mean ...I..I..just can't take away your innocence when I know your body is not ready"

"than prep me " cutting him in between ,Mishti said without hesitation

"Please ...you have no idea what you are saying... f**k you"

"then wh@t are you waiting for"

"Let's say for arguments sake that I'm not smart " Abir had no answer " you are getting late"

She merely nodded.

"Hmmm" words caught in Mishti's throat. Mishti's eyes were filled with tears. She wanted to cry ,scream, yell but she didn't wanted to show herself weak infront of Abir. She was afraid that she would blink her eyelid and the tears would flow anywhere. She was stopping the storm rising in her mind.

On the other hand, Abir felt like something heavenly was slipping out of his hands. He debated with his heart for a while.

He stopped the car infront of Mishti's house. She unbuckled the seatbelt and came out of the car. She headed towards her house. Meanwhile, Abir also came out of the car.

Kahin to, kahin to,
Hai nasha..
Teri meri har mulaqaat mein,
Hoton se, hoton ko,
Chumti, o rehte hai hum har baat pe,
Kehti hai fiza jahan,
Teri zamin aasmaan..

Jahan hai tu, meri hassi,
Meri khushi, meri jaan…