Chapter 13

We're walking out of the restaurant and Michael is heading to his car before I run up behind him and grab his shoulder causing him to spin around.

"What do you want?" he asks with a  slight glare towards me which I easily returned.

"We need to talk."

He rolls his eyes, "About what?"

"You know exactly what. You barely have even looked at me since the kiss."

He sighs and pulls me to the side, out of sight from the others, "It's not like you have been giving me that much attention either."

I roll my eyes, "Whatever. We need to figure out what is going on between us."

He scoffs, "What you want me to ask you out or something?"

"Yes!"

Both of our eyes widen when I say that. I didn't mean to say it out loud, and now I'm embarrassing myself.

"I mean maybe. I don't know."

He just smirks, "Alright. Tomorrow night. We leave at seven."

As he starts to head back to his car I yell, "Where are we going?"

He turns on his heel, "Our date."

My eyes widen and I hurry to my car and right as I sit down in the driver's seat, I call Julz.

"What's up, Lu?"

I start talking so fast that I can't even understand myself which causes her to tell me to slow down.

"I'm going on a date with Michael tomorrow."

"WHAT?!" she yells.

I pull the phone away from my ear a little, "I don't know it just happened."

"You're going on a date with Hair Gel?!"

I groan, "Yeah, now that I think about it but who knows it might be fun..."

"Unbelievable...Do your bandmates know?"

"No..." I mumble.

Which causes her to yell once again.

"I get it! I know it's a mistake but I don't care. I'm going on the date. I'll tell you how it goes tomorrow."

And before she can convince me otherwise I hang up.

***

It's the next day around six-thirty and I am just now heading into my room to get ready.

I take a quick shower and I just dry and brush my hair before doing the simplest makeup and changing into a black crop top and some bleached jeans. I also put on a short, silver necklace with a small heart charm before putting on some tennis shoes and grabbing my things.

As I am walking down the stairs I get a notification saying I got a text from Michael. I opened it and he said that he was out front with his car so I just head outside and I walk over to his car.

"You look good," he says as he opens the door for me.

"Thanks, you do too."

He just looks how he normally does but so do I so I guess nothing is wrong with it.

He starts driving and I look at him curiously, "Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

I just roll my eyes and look out the window.

After another fifteen minutes, we're pulling into the parking lot of the place and I just laugh a little.

"Our date is at a bowling alley? We have our own back at the house."

He rolls his eyes, "I'm not good at this kind of thing! So please just try and enjoy it."

I just shake my head and smile to myself before heading inside.

We head to the payment place where you can also borrow bowling shoes and while he pays for three games, I tell the other person behind the desk what my shoe size is and soon enough we're heading to Lane Seven.

"Three games? Seems like a lot don't you think?" I ask as I sit down to start putting the shoes on.

"I thought it would be a fun competition," he says with a shrug and a clear smirk.

I smirk a little, "Alright, you're on."

And a few moments later, we had started playing.

The first game was probably my worst. I had only scored about a ninety-five, while Michael had finished with at least a hundred and twenty.

"Man, you really suck at this," he says with a smirk as he goes to start the next game.

I roll my eyes, "Oh please, that was just a warm-up."

He doubted me then, but once we started, he quickly realized I wasn't kidding.

During the game, I had at least gotten strikes and spares half the time, and the other half only missing three or four pins in the end.

Which meant I ended with almost two hundred, and Michael barely finished with a hundred and forty.

"Okay, you're not as bad as I thought. But you still have one more game."

I smirk and start the next game, "One more to beat you in."

And guess what, I did.

This last game I had gotten even more strikes and spares and the rests were eights and nines.

And by the end, I had a little over two hundred and fifty, while Michael got a hundred and fifty.

"I win," I say with a smile as I sit down and switch my borrowed shoes with my actual ones.

He just laughs a little and nods, "I guess you do. Good job."

We eventually take our borrowed shoes back to the desk and I drop a few dollars in the tip jar and we head back out to the car.

He pulls out of the parking lot but instead of going back the way we came, we seemed to be going farther away from the house.

"Uhm the house is the other way."

He just rolls his eyes, "I know, you didn't think the bowling was the only part did you?"

"I mean yeah I did but I guess I was wrong."

After another ten minutes we pull up into another parking lot and when I notice where we are I laugh.

"A cafe, how outgoing of you."

He just rolls his eyes, "C' mon."

We head inside and he tells me that he'll order while I find a table. I don't try to argue even though I have no clue what he's going to get but when he comes back with the item I'm perfectly okay with it.

It's basically a brownie, that is covered in vanilla ice cream, which is covered in whipped cream while being covered in hot fudge. If that doesn't sound amazing to you I don't know what does.

"That looks amazing," I say as he sits down and hands me a spoon.

He just laughs a little, "It tastes even better than it looks."

And once I take a bite, I totally agree.

We talk for a while and in a brief moment of silence, I decide to say something that I might regret later.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, I didn't really think this was gonna go very well, but I actually had a lot of fun."

He just smirks, "I did too."

It took about another half hour of us just talking and eating before we finally left and we started driving back.

Once he parked I started unbuckling like a normal person when Michael spoke up.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"