Chapter 3

Within the next ten minutes, the event room was filled with over three dozen people all waiting for the auditions to start.

I'm taking out two trays of cookies when I notice the guy who had booked the gig climb onto the stage and grab the microphone off of its stand.

"Alright people, time for auditions to begin! It's pretty straight forward when we call your name, climb on up here, and sing. No more, no less."

He continues on and eventually calls the first person up and the auditions finally start.

During the next two and a half hours pretty much everyone has sung except one person who is climbing on stage and there has been a good amount of the good and the bad, but judging the facial expressions of the band members, there was more of the bad.

The last guy was pretty good, he was definitely better than at least half of the others, but only one of the four people in the band seemed impressed enough to even consider him joining.

The guy who had been the least impressed the entire time, which to no one's surprise was the guy who booked the gig, went back onto the stage and took the mic from the auditioner, and looked out at the crowd.

"Alright, that was the last of those who had signed up. Before we close auditions is there anyone else who wants to audition?"

I look around the room and see no one step forward, which I guess is a good thing. But, I also see Julz practically throwing the chairs as she starts stacking them. So, I decided to do what I never thought I would never do.

"I do."

I put down the tray had in my hands and I headed onto the stage, which surprised everyone in the room.

The unimpressed guy scoffed and handed me the mic before jumping off of the stage and sitting down beside his other bandmates.

The guitarist, also known as the punchable blond, smirks at me, "Alright, what's your name?"

"Luna Bell," I simply reply.

"Alright, Luna. Whenever you're ready." He has a huge smirk and sits back in his chair before I connect my phone to a speaker and start playing the music to the song.

"Rule number one, is that you gotta have fun

But baby when you're done, you gotta be the first to run

Rule number two, just don't get attached to

Somebody you could lose

So le-let me tell you

This is how to be a heartbreaker

Boys they like a little danger

We'll get him falling for a stranger

A player, singing I lo-lo-love you

How to be a heartbreaker

Boys they like the look of danger

We'll get him falling for a stranger

A player, singing I lo-lo-love you

At least I think I do"

I continue singing and when I'm done everyone in the room claps and cheers for me. Except for one, but it's the guy who is always unimpressed so I don't care.

I smile to myself and I disconnect my phone before listening to anything the band has to say.

"So? What'd you think?" I ask with a smirk.

They talked amongst themselves for a moment. The blond that I had met before their first gig here whispered something to the whole group with a smile, while the grouchy, always unimpressed guy who had booked the auditions just had a scowl and leaned on the back legs of his chair.

Eventually, the blond was the one to finally respond.

"I think we just found our new lead."

I laugh and a huge smile grows on my face and there are mixed responses in the crowd, but that's okay.

I look towards the back of the room and see Julz with a smirk on her face and I can tell she just wants to scream 'I told you so' right here and now.

Another one of the members climbs onto the stage and takes the mic, "Thanks for coming out everyone! We hope to see you all at future gigs!"

People head out and the guy smiled at me before gesturing to the others.

"C' mon, you gotta meet everyone!"

I smile and follow him and they all look pretty happy seeing me in front of them, except for the jerk of course.

"Welcome to the band, Sia," the blond says with a smirk.

I roll my eyes but laugh, "I'm happy to be part of it. But you have got to stop calling me that."

He smirks, "You wish."

I groan, "Yeah I really do. But, I always wish to know what your names are."

"Clarke," he simply says.

I raise an eyebrow, "Clarke?"

"Yeah, Jacob Clarke."

I shake my head and look at Mr. Unimpressed, "What about you, Hair Gel?"

His eyes go wide and the other three explode in laughter around me.

"Excuse me?" he says with a glare.

"What's your name?"

"Michael Allen."

"Can I call you Mike?"

"No."

After he says that he walks away and I just smirk before looking at another one of the guys, "How about you?"

The guy has curly, dark brown hair and just as dark eyes, "Noah. Noah Barnes."

"What instrument?"

He smirks a little, "Drums."

I nod and look at the last person, "The last one, is it a good one?"

The guy laughs a little and shrugs, "Well it's William Mendoza, so judge how you want."

"Hm...not bad but can I call you Will?"

As he nods I quickly look over him and see that he's the tannest out of all of them and he has dark brown hair and eyes, similar to his other bandmates, besides Jacob.

I smile, "Well in that case you got the best name. Sorry boys."

They all laugh and the other two shake their heads and I look over their shoulders and notice Michael leaning against the large window that stretches across the entire wall.

"Can anyone tell me what his problem is?" I ask as I gesture at him.

"That is a story for another day. Right now I think it is time for us to head out. How about I give you my number and I'll update you on when we can all meet again?" Jacob suggests.

I shrug and grab my phone from my back pocket, "Alright."

I put the number in my phone and after about another ten minutes they head out and for the rest of the evening, I help Julz clean up while she freaks out over the fact I actually did it.