Chapter 7

It's Saturday morning and I am waking up to multiple notifications on my phone.

Hey, Sia just wanted to remind you that you will be coming to the house at ten so you can meet everyone else!

I was also getting the reminders I set for myself just so I wouldn't forget.

I gave Jacob a short reply and then got out of bed so I could get ready for what I'm sure will be a long day.

After taking a quick shower, I change into a cropped, pale blue hoodie and some high waisted black jeans before putting on some basic makeup and just straightening my hair.

Once I'm done I check the time and see that it's nine so I get my tennis shoes on and grab my bag and phone before heading into the kitchen to find Julz barely functioning.

"You alright?" I ask with a laugh.

"I don't even understand how I could be this tired," she replies before chugging what I'm assuming is coffee.

I laugh and make myself something to eat, "Could you save me some please?"

She rolls her eyes, "I already put some in your cup."

I smile, "You are officially the best."

She nods, "I try."

We both laugh and once I'm done, I grab my things including my insulated travel cup filled with hot coffee, say goodbye to my sister, and head to the band house.

I park where I parked the first time and this time I am able to realize that it's the right place to park since there are four other cars there as well.

I head to the front door with my coffee and bag and am welcomed in by Noah.

"Hey, just in time! C' mon in, the others just got here."

I follow him in and we head into the living room and I see three new people who I have never seen before.

"Luna, these are three of the main guys we work with. I'll let them introduce themselves to you though," Jacob says before stepping back and letting the first guy step up.

They all have similar basic descriptions. They all have some shade of brown hair and two of them have light blue eyes and the other has darker brown eyes.

The first guy who introduces themself has the darkest brown hair and light blue eyes, "I'm Adam Hawkins, the band's booking agent. My goal is to eventually get you guys performing where ever you want. But for now, I'm in charge of getting you to local businesses, like your sister's café."

I smile, "Well, thank you for doing that. Without you, doing this would be a lot harder."

He nods and steps back and another guy comes forward.

He doesn't have the darkest or the lightest brown hair, it's kind of just in the middle. He's the one with brown eyes instead of blue.

"Hey, I'm Shawn Quinn, the band's sound and record engineer. I can make you sound however you'd like. Can't hit specific notes? I can make it sound like they are second nature."

I smile, "Nice to meet you. I'm sure we will be working together pretty frequently."

He smiles and nods and then steps back so the last guy can introduce himself.

He has the lightest hair which almost seems dirty blond but I just decided it was easier to call it light brown and he has light blue eyes just like Adam.

"I'm Matthew Graham, the band's publicist. I run the band website and I make sure as many people as possible know how good you guys really are."

"And thank you very much for doing that, I'm sure it is harder than one might think."

He nods and smiles before heading back to the others.

"Well, now that you've met everyone, Luna, I think it's time I ask a very important question," Jacob says as he steps towards me.

"You see, this isn't just a random house we hang out in. The whole band lives here. These four even has a room for late-night projects," Will adds as he gestures to Kimber and the three people I just met.

"And since we know you are currently living in an apartment with your sister, and it may be great," Noah adds with a smile.

"We were wondering if, you'd like to move into the band house?" Jacob asks with a smile.

A smile forms on my face, "Are you serious? Of course, I'll move in! This place is awesome and it would spare me the half-hour drive every day!"

"Well, I think that calls for a celebration then!"

Everyone cheers and music starts playing and soon everyone is drinking and having fun.

Except for one person.

I hadn't seen Michael the whole time I was there and I doubted that he was the type to miss a party. So, I went and found Noah, who I know can't lie, and asked him about it.

"Hey, Noah?"

"Yeah, Luna?" he asks as he takes another drink.

"Where's Michael?"

He sighs, "Up in his room. When he found out what he did while drunk he couldn't believe it. Sure, at first he seems like a huge jerk and can be when he wants to, he actually can be a good guy. And he would never have done that to you if he didn't have the alcohol in his system." he replies.

I nod, "Okay. Thanks for the answer."

He just kinda nods in response and I head to get something else to drink when my phone buzzes.

His room is the first to the right on the second floor.

My eyes dart towards Noah and he has a small smile on his face and nudges his head towards the steps and I shake my head with a smile.

After that night, I ended up getting Noah's, Will's, and Kimber's number. We didn't talk too much but it was nice to know I had a way to get into contact with them.

I put my phone back in my pocket and head up to the described room with a full cup in my hand.

When I get to the door it is slightly cracked and I can hear a track playing as well as someone singing.

So I obviously join in.

"I see this life

Like a swinging vine

Swing my heart across the line

In my face is flashing signs

Seek it out and ye shall find

Old, but I'm not that old

Young, but I'm not that bold

And I don't think the world is sold"

As I was joining in he was gradually getting more confused until he finally looked over his shoulder while we sang that last line.

And he was definitely surprised.