Chapter 16

I pretty much avoid my idiot of a boyfriend for the rest of the night. To blow off some steam, I borrow some of Noah's markers so I can customize the drumsticks he gave me and I make them a solid dark blue with a white moon and stars.

I let them dry and while I'm taking the markers back to Noah's room, I run into someone.

I growl under my breath and pick up the few markers I dropped.

"Woah, what's wrong with you?" I hear the person who I ran in to ask.

I looked up and saw Jacob standing there with a confused expression while holding his hand out. I just pushed it away and got up myself, "None of your business."

He's about to say something else when I just push my way past him. Once the markers are back in Noah's room and I am walking back to my room, Jacob is nowhere to be seen.

***

It's the day before the gig and I am walking towards the home office so I can do some online school work when someone grabs my wrist and pulls me aside.

"What the-"

"Shh, Luna it's just me."

My eyes adjust the darkness and I realize I'm in a random closet and Michael is the one who pulled me into it.

I roll my eyes, "What do you want?"

"I want to apologize."

I scan his expression for any signs that he's lying and I honestly don't see any.

"Seriously?" he nods, "Uhm okay then..."

I'm about to head out when he stops me.

"Wait a minute, that's it?"

I looked at him confused, "What do you mean?"

He scoffs, "You don't forgive me?"

"You never apologized."

"Yes, I did. I said I wanted to apologize!"

I slowly nod, "Yeah, you said you wanted to, not that you were. Can I go now? I need to get ready for the gig tomorrow."

"Are you kidding me?! Me saying I wanted to apologize was me apologizing! Why are you being so-"

"So what?" I asked cutting him off, "What am I being, Michael?"

"Difficult! You are so unbelievably difficult! Just like every other girl! It's like you guys have a whole different language and I'm speaking a foreign one!"

I roll my eyes, "I'm not being difficult! You never said sorry! There's no reason for me to forgive you if you haven't apologized!"

He just growls and pushes me to the side and storms out of the closet.

I just rub my shoulder which received most of the blow when I hit the wall and I walked out of the closet.

I walked into the kitchen not really paying attention to anything else and I grabbed a ziplock bag from a drawer and filed it with ice before holding it against my shoulder, which immediately made it feel better.

"What happened?"

My head shoots up and I see Noah leaning against the wall by the entryway, focusing on the homemade ice pack.

"I wasn't paying attention and ran into your doorframe after I took your markers back to your room," I reply as I put a little more pressure on it.

"Really? I wouldn't think that would make you have to get an ice pack..."

I roll my eyes, "Well it's what happened. Anyways, I'm fine."

"Okay..." he says before heading out, but not without looking back towards me every few seconds.

I just roll my eyes and head to the home office which is where I should've been for the past half hour.

And for the rest of the day, I did school work. Yeah, I know it's not super fun but it gives me something to do besides working on the riff.

Which I still haven't gotten...

***

It's the next day and we have to leave for the gig in exactly an hour. All-day Noah and I have been working on the riff and I still haven't gotten it, which has us all terrified since we're planning on doing Hooked, Telephone, and Bad Romance at the gig.

Noah wouldn't stop asking about my shoulder. So all day he was trying to get me to tell him what really happened but I didn't.

Anyways, since I have to start getting ready, I head to my room and when I get there I take a shower and when I head into my closet I see a mannequin with a pretty nice outfit on it as well as a note pinned to it.

"Hey Sia, here's what Kimber thought would look best on you tonight."

I shake my head and put the note aside and looked over the outfit, which I knew needed a couple of accessories.

It was a metallic gold tank top with a black leather jacket layered over it and some black ripped up jeans. I grabbed two simple bracelets that were gold and had a singular small jewel on each other them and I grabbed a plain, thin gold ring that also had a singular small jewel on it, as well as my wolf ring.

I put the tank top, jeans, and jewelry on and I carried the leather jacket as well as the short black heeled boots that were on the floor right by the mannequin.

As I'm doing my hair and makeup in a way I thought would look good with the outfit, I hear a knock at my door and I instinctively invite them to come in.

"Hey, Lu- You did not get that from running into a doorframe!"

My eyes go wide and my head darts towards the door and I see Noah standing there with his eyes wide and him pointing at my shoulder.

"Noah-"

"Luna what happened?!" he exclaimed as he shut the door and walked towards me.

I sigh and tell him everything that happened, knowing that I couldn't keep it from him anymore.

"I'm going to kill him, bring him back to life, and have the others do it again," Noah says with a scowl on his face.

I put my hand on his shoulder, "Noah, don't. Thank you for being protective but I can deal with Michael. Besides, he didn't mean it, he was just mad. Don't tell anyone, okay?"

He groans, "Luna you need to do something. I don't know what, but it has to be something..."

"Just promise me you won't tell anyone about what happened, or the bruise."

He groans again and then sighs, "Fine. I promise I won't tell anyone."