Chapter 22

It's now Monday and after thinking about it for the whole weekend, I'm deciding not to take the solo deal.

I couldn't do that to the boys, especially after Cole just left for the same reason.

Plus, I like being part of the band.

I decided to call Marie later and I'm hanging out with the boys in the living room when Jacob's phone starts going crazy.

He answers with a look of confusion when he sees who was calling and after a few minutes, he just drops his phone and looks me right in the eyes.

"Who was that?" Will asks.

"Cole," Jacob said blankly.

My eyes widen, "R-really? Uhm wh-what did he say?"

"He said you were offered a solo contract."

The other's eyes go wide and they all look right at me.

"I'm sorry, what?!" Noah exclaims.

"Uhm..."

"You were offered a solo deal?!" Michael yelled as he stood up from where he was sitting, almost knocking multiple things off the side table.

"Yeah..." I mumble.

"Did you take it?"

"Of course she took it! Look at her face!"

I try to clear everything up but they didn't want to listen. Michael was the first one to go and Jacob was the last.

"Were you ever gonna tell us?" Jacob asked as he stood up.

"No...I didn't see the point-"

He just scoffs and rolls his eyes before walking out leaving me alone in the living room with tears threatening to fall.

I try calling Julz but she doesn't answer so instead I just walk to my room and lock myself in for the rest of the day.

***

There's a knock on my door but I don't answer. It's been dark out for a few hours but I haven't left my room since the boys found out about the offer.

"Luna? Are you in there? It's Kimber."

I just groan and get out of bed since I know she won't leave unless I let her in. When I open the door I see her standing there holding a pizza box and I just move to the side and let her come in.

She sits on my bed and puts the pizza in the center of it and I sit up before going to grab a slice.

"So, wanna tell me what's going on?" she asks as she takes a slice herself.

"I'm sure the boys have already told you so what's the point?"

"Well, I wanna hear your side of the story."

I sigh and put the pizza down, "I lied about where I was on Saturday. I wasn't at the cafe, I was being offered a solo contract. I took the whole weekend thinking about it and this morning I had finally decided to reject the offer. I wasn't planning on telling the boys about any of it cause I didn't see any point since I was just gonna reject it but then earlier Cole called Jacob and told him about my offer. They all got mad and didn't even really let me explain, and so I locked myself in here all day."

She nods a little, "Okay, I see why the boys are mad but you had a good reason to not tell them. I personally probably would have but you didn't have to, so you didn't. Which is perfectly fine."

"I just wish the boys thought that also..." I mumble.

"How about I go talk to them and try to make them less angry? After we eat this pizza of course," she suggests with a slight smile.

I nod and grab the piece I had put down a minute or two ago, "Thank you."

"No problem, Luna."