Chapter 4

A few days later, I am helping Julz close up when my phone vibrates in my pocket multiple times.

"Damn, who wants to get ahold of you?" Julz asks as she tosses a rag back into the bucket on the table beside us.

"Let's see..." I take my phone out of my pocket and look at the notification, "It's some random number."

She raises an eyebrow and takes my phone out of my hand, "Let me see."

She unlocks my phone and opens the message and her eyes widen as she breaks into a smirk, "It's from the blondie."

I quickly take my phone from her hand and read the message.

Hey Luna it's Jacob. Which you should know since you already put my number in your phone but you might not have put my name... Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that tomorrow night at five you're needed at the address below so you can meet some of the other people we work with and so we can all get to know each other better. See you then!

An address is sent and I reply saying okay then put my phone back in my pocket.

"Looks like I'm meeting the band...again."

Julz just laughs and grabs a trash bag before throwing it at me, "Go take that out."

I groan and do as she says since I can't really argue and when I'm done I head back inside and within the next half hour we are done closing up and can finally go home.

***

It's the next day a little after three and I am leaving the café right after signing out so I can get ready for the band meeting.

I drive back to the apartment and once I get there I head into my room to take a quick shower and then change into a flowy, white, off the shoulder crop top and some bleached, ripped up skinny jeans. Once I dry my hair, I brush and straighten it, I do a simple makeup look and then I just put a few bangles on both my wrists and a gold necklace with a few various gemstones.

Once I'm done, I head out of my bathroom and I put on some tennis shoes and check the time, four-thirty.

I remember the address being a little less than half an hour from the apartment so I grab my bag and I run back down to my car before putting the address into my phone and driving off.

After the half-hour car ride, I pull up into the driveway of a mansion!

I kind of just guessed on where to park and when I knock on the huge oak door in front of me, one of my bandmates opens the door almost instantly.

"Luna! Welcome! Come on in!" Noah exclaims with a smile.

I smile back and walk in and look around me and the place honestly looks awesome. It's pretty modern and minimalistic but it still looks great!

Before closing the door he looks behind me and as he closes it he looks at me curiously, "Where's your stuff?"

This time it's my turn to look at him curiously, "What do you mean?"

His eyes go wide and he shakes his head, "Nothing! Just pretend I didn't say anything, okay?"

I shrug, "Okay."

He leads me into the living room and there I see my other three bandmates just messing around.

"Guys she's here!" Noah says with an eye roll.

Jacob and Will freeze and Michael just scoffs and walks out and I roll my eyes at him before sitting in a chair across from the other two.

"Good to see you, Luna," Will says with a smile.

I smile back, "Good to see you guys too. But before we even talk about why I'm here, can we please talk about what Michael's problem is?!"

Jacob rolls his eyes, "His problem is that he's mad that Cole left."

"And Cole is...?"

"Our ex-lead singer."

I nod and lean back into the chair, "Oh, okay. So why is that making him so mad at me?"

"Because even though we have all known each other since we were kids, he and Cole had the best relationship, and they knew each other for the longest considering they were the oldest," Jacob replies.

"He also hates the fact that our new lead singer is a girl," Will adds.

"Wait, before we continue on about that second reason, how old are you guys?" I ask.

"Noah and I are twenty-four, Will is twenty-five, and Michael is twenty-six."

"So I'm the youngest?" I ask with a groan.

Jacob shrugs, "I guess. How old are you?"

"Twenty-two."

All of their eyes go wide and I just laugh.

"Wait a minute, you're only twenty-two? Shouldn't you still be in school?" Noah asks.

I laugh and nod, "I'm finishing up my last year of college. Before all this happened I was planning on owning my own restaurant like my sister."

Will looks at me curiously, "What about now?"

I sigh and shrug, "I don't know. I still want to own a restaurant at some point, but I'll always put this band first."

They all smile but before anyone could say anything else there was a knock at the door.

Before anyone else can move, we hear the door being opened and a conversation starts between two people.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Well I heard you got a new lead, I wanna meet him."

The other person scoffs and mumbles something before we hear the door close and soon Michael and someone else walks into the living room, both staring right at me.

"Who's that?"

Michael scoffs, "That's him."

She laughs and takes one more step towards me, "Nice to know there's another girl around. But how did you convince them to let you replace Cole?"

Before I can reply, Jacob answers for me, "That's Sia, Kimberly."

Her eyes widen and she breaks out into a grin, "That makes a lot more sense then. But you have got to stop calling me by my whole name. You already know I like Kimber, so call me that, and only that."

I smile and stand up, "I'm Luna. Luna Bell, the new lead I guess. But just wondering, no offense at all, who are you? I mean I know your name and all but-"

"I'm the band's manager," Kimber says while cutting me off.

My eyes widen and my head snaps towards Michael's direction, "How come you have a problem with me being the lead when you have a female manager?!"

Before he can say anything, Kimber beats him to it, "'Cause I'm his sister."