Chapter 25

I roll my eyes and look at Noah, "What?"

"How's he doing?" he asks as he quietly closes Jacob's door.

"Bad, but I think he'll be fine. He's asleep though."

He just nods a little, "I'm guessing he threw something again?"

I look at him curiously, "Again?"

"Yeah, it's a common thing with Jacob for him to throw something if he's super mad, sad, or both. And that happens a lot, but I think having you around recently has helped him keep control of his actions, which is why you haven't heard it."

I just slowly nod and we talk for a little while later before heading our separate ways.

***

It's five weeks later and throughout that time we wrote as much as possible.

With the help of Kimber and the team we came up with almost a whole albums worth of songs, and we have been able to record all of them in our home studio.

We've had multiple meetings with Maxwell and his employees about rebranding ourselves but we didn't want to change in the ways that they were talking about.

They wanted us to do more songs like Black Magic but I and the boys all agreed that songs like that weren't what we were mainly focusing on.

They weren't too happy about this which is why we have had so many meetings. And we have another today.

So, after over-sleeping, I'm rushing to get ready.

I quickly change and make myself look decent before running down the stairs with my things and meeting the others in the garage.

"Finally! God, Luna you take way too long." Michael says with a growl.

"Oh shut up, we both know you did the same thing right before our last meeting," I say as I throw my bag in my car.

"Let's stop the arguing and get going," Kimber says before getting in her car and driving out.

We all follow her and before we know it we're back in the all too familiar room.

"It's good to see you again," Maxwell says as he motions his hand towards the same seating we always are in.

"It's good to be back. What is this meeting about today?" Kimber asks.

"I would like to offer you a record contract."

We all start freaking out but Kimber looks at him curiously, "Any catches?"

Maxwell slightly shakes his head, "No, we just ask to be the only label distributing your work."

"So we don't have to change our image?" I ask after the news settles in a little more.

He shakes his head no and after almost another hour, we are able to leave.

For the rest of the day, we celebrate, which also means we drink.

Which means we are an absolute mess for Kimber the next day.

But she takes care of us, and I thank her more times than I could count.

***

It's almost two weeks later and it's a Friday afternoon when my phone starts going crazy.

"What's up, Kimber?"

"Turn on the news right now!"

I do what shes says and once Will turns the volume up since we're all sitting in the living room, all of our eyes go wide.

"Rising sensations, The Howling Wolves have set the world by storm after recently signing a contract with Laceword Records, and putting people on edge for an album. But is there trouble in paradise? Recently a video was sent out showing the band's bassist singing instead of their new lead singer, take a look."

The screen switched from showing the female news reporter to instead show a video of Michael singing the song at the gig a couple of months ago at the school.

"How is there a video of this?!" Michael yells.

"Some student must've recorded it," Noah replies right before we see me leave the stage.

"Kimber, can you handle this?" I ask as I shut the tv off.

"Of course, just stay low, and try not to leave the house," she replies.

I say okay and then hang up a few moments later.

"Kimber says to stay home and lay low," I say as I go to get up.

They all say okay and I head towards the elevator when I hear a noise go through the whole house.

"What was that?" I ask as I turn on my heel and look at the other four curiously.

"The doorbell," Jacob says before going to the door.

When he opens it there is a loud commotion going on and I hear multiple cameras clicking and Jacob slams the door close and locks it as quickly as possible.

"Please don't tell me-"

"It's the paparazzi," Jacob says, cutting Will off.

My eyes go wide, "How'd they know where we live?"

"I swear they have powers sometimes," Noah says as he falls back onto the chair, "If there's a story they'll be anywhere in seconds."

I groan, "Alright then, well I'm gonna go upstairs and try to figure out what to do."

They all respond in some way and I head up to my room.

And for some reason when I get there I start writing another song.

And it's done as quickly as it was started.

I start singing it as I write down as much sheet music I can think of.

"I'm your biggest fan

I'll follow you until you love me

Papa-paparazzi

Baby, there's no other superstar

You know that I'll be

Your papa-paparazzi"

That's right.

The Howling Wolves' latest song is, surprisingly, called Paparazzi.

Ironic, don't you think?