Chapter 23

Once we're done with the pizza, Kimber and I leave my room and while she's talking to each of the boys separately, I stand in the hall and just listen in on the conversation.

She decides to go talk to Will first since I noticed he was the least upset out of them all and I just listen in from outside his door.

Kimber explains why I did what I did and it sounds like he forgives me pretty easily.

"I'm gonna guess she's in the hall?" he asks as I hear the bed squeak, causing me to guess he had just gotten up.

"Yeah, she has been the whole time," Kimber replies.

He laughs a little and then comes out and just smiles at me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you I get I should've but I just didn't think-"

"Luna, it's okay. I forgive you, and I get it. Just tell us if something like that happens okay? A big part of why we're mad is because we found out from Cole, not you." he says while cutting off my rambling.

I just smile and nod, "I will."

He nods and heads back into his room and Kimber goes and does the same thing with Noah. And it pretty much goes the same way.

We have our little meet up in the hall and then it's Michael's turn.

When Kimber walked in he just started yelling at her to get out and go away and stuff like that but eventually, she's able to get him to shut up and can explain everything.

Once she's done, I can hear him scoff, "If she's so sorry why doesn't she come and apologize?"

I roll my eyes and walk in, "Because I thought you would listen to your sister more than me."

"Whatever. I don't forgive you though," he says as he goes to grab his songbook.

"Why not?"

He just smirks, "Because you didn't say sorry."

I roll my eyes, "Okay, fine. I'm sorry, and I truly mean it."

He thinks for a moment, "I forgive you...If you admit that I'm a better songwriter than you."

I laugh, "Michael you're a better writer than me."

He smiles, "Now I forgive you."

I thank him and after talking for a little while longer Kimber tells me it's time to talk to the one person I wanted to talk to the least, Jacob.

It's not that he was the maddest of them all, he was the most hurt of them all instead. Which honestly felt worse.

I decide to go apologize to him myself instead of having Kimber do it and when I walk in I immediately notice how dark it is.

"What do you want?" I hear him practically growl from his bed.

He's sitting on the edge and facing the wall away from me.

"I wanted to apologize for-"

"For lying to me?! Or how about keeping a secret?!" he yells as he turns towards me.

I feel tears start to form but I stand my ground, "Jacob if I could just explain-"

"No, Luna! I don't wanna hear it! Get out!"

"No! I won't leave until you listen to me!" I yell back while feeling a rogue tear fall.

I know he notices the tear by how his expression changes in almost an instant, but he's still mad, "Fine."

I wipe the tear from my face, "I'm sorry for lying and not telling you guys about the offer. I just knew how hurt and mad you guys were when Cole left and I didn't want to put you through that again. I had already decided not to take the offer and was gonna call Maxwell's assistant later today but then you got Cole's call and everything just went south."

"Did you still call?" he asks in a way that I can hardly hear.

"Yeah, I did right after you guys left the living room. I wasn't going to wait any longer. I'm really sorry..."

He sighs, "It's fine, Luna. I just really wish you told us. Hearing it from Cole and not you made it so much worse, especially because he was so smug about it."

I kind of just stand there awkwardly since I didn't really know what to say next and when he notices he just smiles and tells me to go to bed since it's almost midnight.

And I do.

***

It's a few days later and we're trying out a new song in the studio with the whole team when someone's phone goes off.

After a moment of confusion from everyone Shawn presses the button and talks to us from the control room.

"That's none of us so which of you guys?"

We look at our phones and it was Jacobs.

"I need to take this, I'll be right back!" he exclaims before running out with no hesitation.

"Guess Maddie called," I say as I get a drink.

Everyone laughs and agrees and after over half an hour, he's still not back.

"I mean I get that they barely talk but shouldn't he be back now?" Matthew asks.

I nod, "Yeah he should...I'll go check on him."

I head out and just start walking around the house and I eventually find Jacob sitting in the middle of a hallway just staring at his phone.

"Uhm, you okay?" I ask as I stand in front of him.

He doesn't even say anything in response. Instead, he just slightly shakes his head. He doesn't even look up at me, he just stares at the phone.

I sit down across from him and just look at him for a moment, "Wanna tell me what's up?"

He looks up and stares right into my eyes, "Maddie just broke up with me."

Okay.

That was not what I was expecting.